Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bizarre Diets page 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    “I have developed the habit of stopping off at Wil Wright’s ice cream parlor for a hot fudge sundae on my way home from my evening drama classes. I’m sure that I couldn’t allow me this indulgence were it not that my normal diet is composed of almost totally protein food.”

Marilyn’s diet obviously worked for her and the citations above give us an indication of why it worked. She ate a relative high protein diet for the two first meal of the day. The hot fudge sundae is her motivational food that she eats at the end of the day to reward herself. And she does not keep the reward food at home, she eat it at a restaurant. By doing this she avoid the temptation of having half a gallon of ice cream to tempt her in the fridge! Hmm, Marilyn seems to have been pretty smart in her bizarre eating habits after all…

mauler5858 is offline Member
    Don't forget about the prescription slew of stimulants that overwork your heart and adrenals to "suppress" your appetite so that you can starve weight off. Not surprisingly the name of this class of medications are "anorexiants".

Also don't forget about the other shams such as Alli which prevent your body from digesting fat.

So you have a choice, you can either overwork your heart,fatigue your adrenals, and starve your body of nutrients for one option, or you can royally chemically screw up your digestion and prevent yourself from absorbing one of the best things your body can ingest.

Take your pick......./smh
    Starting Weight - 280lbs
    Current - 280bs
    Goal - Around 200lbs(will be focusing on the mirror and not the scale then)
    Working hard to make a healthier and more active me.

DinoHunter is online now Senior Member
    Not to mention I suspect the ingredients for ice cream (& even the hot fudge) were a lot better in Marilyn's day than what most of them are made of nowadays.... none of the additives & soy & fat free nasty & probably less sugar. Not primal but not the evilness that waits in your standard grocery ice cream now.
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

JudyMac is offline Member
    Kellogs cereal diet: Eat two bowls of cereal a day and a 250kcal low fat meal (already prepared and microwave friendly).

I always gag at that one....

My friend uses the apple diet...eat nothing but apples for 2 days, then on the 3 rd day eat anything you like. Quick colon cleanse I suppose.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    The post-holiday diet news had this, which immediately made me think of MDA:

"This woman who 'has never been ill and doesn’t know what fear is' loved sports and didn’t consume candy, coffee or tea. But she also ate only three meals every two days, and loved beefsteak."
    -- Overweight and lower mortality? - HT Health

You can just see the modern-day reporter muttering under her breath, "bizarre!"

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    That Marilyn Monroe sundae was also pretty tiny, compared to sundaes in a store now. That article did spend several pages on her fitness routine in addition to her diet.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    One of the saddest diets I ever heard of, even back in my SAD days. A friend of mine did this, and kept battling the same twenty pounds.

Breakfast: Slim-fast
    Lunch: LeanCuisine
    Snack: Slim-Fast
    Dinner: LeanCuisine PLUS a dry salad

And she was so excited because at dinner she got an 'extra'.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyMac View Post
    Kellogs cereal diet: Eat two bowls of cereal a day and a 250kcal low fat meal (already prepared and microwave friendly).

I always gag at that one....

My friend uses the apple diet...eat nothing but apples for 2 days, then on the 3 rd day eat anything you like. Quick colon cleanse I suppose.
    Lol, a bit bizarre both of your diets... I suppose that your "Kelloggs cereal diet" may be inspired by the cornflake diet:

The Cornflake Diet | LIVESTRONG.COM

carlh is offline Senior Member
    Livestrong.com has become the webMD of shitty internet "health and nutrition" sites. So much contradictory fail, all in the name of ad revenue. It's obscene.

Paleobird Guest
    Or you could eat nothing but potatoes for two weeks. Just sayin'....................

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast