It is Hogmanay, and I'm sitting here thinking ahead about what I want to achieve in 2013.

I've been lower carb for a while now, though I do admit to the occassional slip...I'm human after all.
For the last two years I've been trying to train for an Ironman. I say trying, as the universe has managed to interrupt that training with a regularity that is...well...frightening. (Bad cycle accident, broken toes, frozen shoulder, tendonitis)

I'm not sure that I'm up for that level of training again, at least until I've managed to sort out my food. I'm ok in the aerobic base training but have problems when I hit the Interval side of things and the what seemed to be need for more carbs. The more carbs I ate the higher my blood sugar rose, and the more aches and pains I got. At the time I was using Paleo for Athletes as my food guide.

Now I've been using the Primal Blueprint way of eating for 3 months, and it agrees with me more than the lower fat Paleo style, less digestion problems, less aches and pains...overall a better fit for me. This Christmas Santa bought me a copy of the Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Performance, so I now know that long endurance sports can be totally fuelled by LC.

2013, maybe I won't finish an Ironman, but I'm going to try to get a solid aerobic base and a good grip on my diet and keeping ketogenic.