Thread: Newbie seeking advice page

Blazey is offline Junior Member

Newbie seeking advice

Primal Fuel
    Hello all, my name is Dom and i'm new here

I've been looking at PB for a few weeks now, bought the book and read up on this site etc and i'm starting the "diet" on Wednesday. I've recently found out that I am a father-to-be and I'd really like to be in better shape for then as, no doubt, I will be very busy and will find it harder to stick to workout routines so progress may be slower for a while at that time.

I'm currently 200lbs, 5'10" and around 33% body fat By August (when the baby is due) I would like to around 168lbs but more importantly between 10-15% body fat. I will be sticking to a low carb intake between 50-80 and doing daily workouts and weights at home, as well as going for walks once a day and playing some indoor football once a week.

Does this seem like a realistic goal?

bamabelle is offline Senior Member
    Hi Dom. I'm new too, so can't answer your question, though the 168 pounds part sounds very realistic from what I've read on the blog pages. I guess each person is different, so I think that it is important to listen to your body and pay close attention to how it responds. I wish you all the best in your journey!

Amanda

Veelore is offline Junior Member
    Good luck man, hope you start slamming some weight on the bar

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Yes. Very realistic. Congratulations, Dom, and good luck.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Blazey is offline Junior Member
    Thank you guys

I've done more body fat measurement on a few sites now and it's looking more like 25% rather than 33% (can't remember where I got that figure from) so that should make it easier to achieve my goal \o/