Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eating raw eggs for fats, minerals/vitamins, good idea? page 3

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Personally I take my RAW eggs in Coke Zero because I am not that macho! Rocky on the other hand:

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Don't wash them because you may force germs from the outside of the egg into the egg through the pores, or if you insist, use water warmer than the egg, to cause the contents a little expansion. But more importantly, get eggs from a clean, free range source. and I always look at the egg, if they don't look perfect, I don't eat them raw.

The whites may inhibit biotin, but iirc there is a lot of biotin in the yolk to balance this. My grandma always says "you can always tell an egg-sucking dog". That is, dogs eating raw eggs have beautiful coats. Doesn't seem cooked ones (like egg products in dog food) have this effect.

I would not eat factory farmed eggs raw any more than I would drink raw milk from a factory dairy. There is a reason they cook that stuff.
    Last edited by AshleyL; 01-05-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Personally I take my RAW eggs in Coke Zero......
    Dude! That sounds absolutely disgusting....and thats coming from a guy who just took some fermented cod liver oil and kinda liked it.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Dude! That sounds absolutely disgusting....and thats coming from a guy who just took some fermented cod liver oil and kinda liked it.
    That's my pre-workout cocktail today Neckhammer! Tree raw eggs, two extra raw whites and 7 gram of plain gelatin powder in cold Coke Zero. Shaken but not stirred...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123