Thread: Meal replacement shakes page

Chubbygirl is offline Member

Meal replacement shakes

Sometimes during my days I'm super busy and scrambling to even find a minute to make it to the restroom. I try to prepare most of my meals and snacks ahead of time but sometimes I just need something simple (and chocolatey) to quiet the rumble in my tummy. I love the flavor of this product, especially if I can manage to toss in some fruit and/or peanut butter. Is it ok or is there another MRS out there that is better?

http://www.amazinggrass.com/nutritio...chocolate.html

Suki is offline Senior Member
    I'm confused as to why you would be using rice protein to supplement a primal lifestyle.

eva
    eva is offline Senior Member
    ditto, suki
    challenge yourself
    i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

mayness is offline Senior Member
    This is the reason I stopped eating lunch. I know it sounds sorta drastic, but I'm loving the freedom. As for that "rumble in your tummy," there's absolutely no reason you HAVE to listen to it. =]

On a day when you won't even have time for one or two meals without rushing, I can see the appeal of a protein shake or whatnot. That one looks fairly reasonable other than the whole rice thing, as long as you add some extra fat to it (coconut milk, almond butter, whatever). Maybe you could find one with whey protein that you like just as much. Some people prefer ones without sugar in them, but others like to avoid the fake sweetener, so I consider that just personal preference.

Other things that require little preparation and are easy to eat fast: nuts, seeds, jerky, hard-boiled eggs (make a big batch once a week or something), and raw chopped veggies and fruits. For that chocolate fix, get some good dark chocolate... I get the 70%-ish dark chocolate because I like mine sweet, but the darker the better!

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Add me to the camp recommending quick-prep real foods instead of a shake. (How long does it take to put some nuts in a baggie, or open a can of tuna, or peel a HG egg?) For the chocolate bit, how about Mark's primal energy bars with a small amount of chopped, dark chocolate added?
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Sterling is offline Member

primalclubber is offline Senior Member
    What's wrong with carrying some almonds other nuts. Nothing to prepare.

Pantera is offline Senior Member
    What everyone else said plus please don't add peanut butter to anything if you want to eat primal.

suechef is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    If I don't have time I throw in the blender: 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup egg whites, 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder, stevia to sweeten, chia seeds (v. high in O3s and other good things), a teaspoon of cinnamon, some water. This keeps me going for 5 or 6 hours at least. I imagine protein powders, etc., are fine, but for some reason I am a little uncomfortable with them, hence the egg whites (from a container, pasteurized so I am assuming relatively safe).