Thread: Sacramento Food Co-op - Not your parents' co-op page

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member

Sacramento Food Co-op - Not your parents' co-op

Primal Fuel
    Blair Anthony Robertson is the Sacramento Bee restaurant critic. He gets paid to eat at the best restaurants in town. Here's what he said today about our food co-op. The deli leans toward vegetarian but always has good meat options too. The store has a great meat dept.

Where I eat when I'm off duty: The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op. My ongoing appreciation for this grocery store begins with trust I believe in its mission to sell food that is ethical, healthy and as local as possible.

I will eat anything it serves at the dinner buffet and salad bar. And it's the only place where I regularly get to enjoy nutritious kale and collard greens.
    Read more here: Dining: 2012 left its mark, often deliciously - Dining - The Sacramento Bee
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Even though I don't live in Sacramento anymore, I still stop there almost every time I visit. A couple of the employes still remember me after 5 years. Did you know it's actually one of the largest co-ops in the US? Sadly, it's totally better than any in Portland.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I worked there for 4 years about 20 years ago, then went away and only returned about a year ago. But every time I go there, someone recognizes me. There are still quite a few employees who were there 20 years ago.

We are planning a new store that will be twice as large. Current sales are about $30,000,000/yr.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.