Thread: Sacramento Food Co-op - Not your parents' co-op page

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member

Sacramento Food Co-op - Not your parents' co-op

Blair Anthony Robertson is the Sacramento Bee restaurant critic. He gets paid to eat at the best restaurants in town. Here's what he said today about our food co-op. The deli leans toward vegetarian but always has good meat options too. The store has a great meat dept.

Where I eat when I'm off duty: The Sacramento Natural Foods Co-op. My ongoing appreciation for this grocery store begins with trust I believe in its mission to sell food that is ethical, healthy and as local as possible.

I will eat anything it serves at the dinner buffet and salad bar. And it's the only place where I regularly get to enjoy nutritious kale and collard greens.
    Read more here: Dining: 2012 left its mark, often deliciously - Dining - The Sacramento Bee
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Even though I don't live in Sacramento anymore, I still stop there almost every time I visit. A couple of the employes still remember me after 5 years. Did you know it's actually one of the largest co-ops in the US? Sadly, it's totally better than any in Portland.

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    I worked there for 4 years about 20 years ago, then went away and only returned about a year ago. But every time I go there, someone recognizes me. There are still quite a few employees who were there 20 years ago.

We are planning a new store that will be twice as large. Current sales are about $30,000,000/yr.
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.