Thread: Smoothie/protein fasting thoughts ??? page

niah is offline Junior Member

Red face Smoothie/protein fasting thoughts ???

Sooo I was eating really badly for like 4 days ( holidays whatever excuses, excuses )So I fasted and only drank warm lemon water, water, and tea for 1 day. Today I have had a green smoothie with 1.5 cups pineapple, banana, 1 cup spinach, coconut milk and then a vegan protein shake for dinner with vega, banana, and coconut milk. I have lost some I am just afraid about the whole sugar thing.... But at the same time, I am only drinking smoothies no solids so I am torn on which is better for faster weight loss while getting vitamins. ( food diary today Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com ) I have pcos, but have had spotting due to losing weight in fact, I had my spotting after fasting for one just before Christmas, so sugar is touchy touchy.
    SO low carb of meat, veggies, sauerkraut, and some cheese or smoothies is the ultimate question!

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Calorie deficit. Low carb for better satiety. Protein shakes/smoothies/fasting are just methods to get there. Use what works for you. Keep in mind weight loss is slow and needs to be sustainable otherwise you'll just end up yo yo dieting. Thats why I don't bother with full fasting or very low calorie diets.

I'd reduce your carbs and add more fat if you're going the smoothy root.