Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: still, sparkling mineral waters page

thaijinx is offline Senior Member

still, sparkling mineral waters

Primal Fuel
    I'm curious if you drink mineral water, and which you prefer still or sparkling? My tap water here is not drinkable, and so I buy bottled water (in glass bottles) though as far as I can tell it has been completely stripped of any mineral content. It is 'dead' water. So, I buy imported mineral water from Italy or France. It's not cheap, but I don't mind if it's doing me some good. The thing is... is it?

I tend to drink sparkling with a dash of fresh lime or lemon. It feels like more of a 'treat' than still water. However, I'm concerned about the amount of carbonation - is it OK to drink it all day every day, or should it be treated as a 'treat'.

I started buying 'Voss' water - got seduced by the sexy bottle and the clean Norwegian water taste. On reading the website though, it looks like it doesn't have a high mineral content and has added sodium-bicarb for fizz! (I may as well be drinking tap water, no?)

I now prefer Gerolstein, Perrier, St. Bernadetto, or San Peligrino. I think all of them add 'added fizz' in various ways. But I believe that Gerolstein has the highest mineral content. So I've switched over to that now.

Thoughts on mineral water?
    SW: 68 kg. * CW: 61.5 kg. * GW: 60 kg or less...
    Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it. ~ Buddha

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    If I'm out working, then I usually get Perrier. It's easier to find at convenience stores all over the place.

For home, I get the cheapo stuff, the 12-pack of Kroger brand sparkling seltzer water in 12oz cans.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I think the mineral content is insignificant for the amount of money. I'd rather buy supplements. Tap for me all the way.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    I mostly drink unsweetened tea these days. If I am out I might get a bottle of sparkling water, but I don't worry about getting any sort of "premium" brand.

Paleobird Guest
    I like Pelegrino with a squeeze of lime.

quacklady71 is offline Junior Member
    Any brand of sparkling....with a chunk of lime in it...

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Find a local well or artesian spring!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Gotta have fizz or I start craving the soda. I will drink tap with various citrus pieces in the middle of summer but the rest of the time I get Perrier.

If you can swing Costco they have flats of 17 oz bottles. That cuts costs quite a bit for me. My co-op carries Crystal Geyser brand fizzy water that is really good too. Might check the mineral content on that.

I also like unsweetened teas (black or green none of that fruity nonsense). But when I'm truly thirsty tea doesn't cut it. Plus I have a tendency to add sugar to tea... something I've never done to Perrier.

dirk41 is offline Senior Member
    Not a fan of sparkling water (though I do like flavored seltzer). I drink water through the filter in the my fridge or otherwise a Brita filter.

Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    For those interested in REAL quality water...

THE BEST SPRING WATER TO DRINK... (With Vodka) #394 - YouTube (I love this guy's musings on primal nutrition and other related issues)

FindaSpring.com – Online Spring Database

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast