I'm curious if you drink mineral water, and which you prefer still or sparkling? My tap water here is not drinkable, and so I buy bottled water (in glass bottles) though as far as I can tell it has been completely stripped of any mineral content. It is 'dead' water. So, I buy imported mineral water from Italy or France. It's not cheap, but I don't mind if it's doing me some good. The thing is... is it?

I tend to drink sparkling with a dash of fresh lime or lemon. It feels like more of a 'treat' than still water. However, I'm concerned about the amount of carbonation - is it OK to drink it all day every day, or should it be treated as a 'treat'.

I started buying 'Voss' water - got seduced by the sexy bottle and the clean Norwegian water taste. On reading the website though, it looks like it doesn't have a high mineral content and has added sodium-bicarb for fizz! (I may as well be drinking tap water, no?)

I now prefer Gerolstein, Perrier, St. Bernadetto, or San Peligrino. I think all of them add 'added fizz' in various ways. But I believe that Gerolstein has the highest mineral content. So I've switched over to that now.

Thoughts on mineral water?