Page 99 of 175 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 99

janie is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    So impressed with your reports of decreased hunger! I tested 1/2 tablespoon doses today to see my body's reaction based on ekatherine's experience and the author's warning about possible tummy upsets. Was okay but no significant shift in hunger. I think I will plan on a nice breakfast with a full tablespoon of oil at least an hour later and see how it goes. Hoping to move to an accurate dose and be able to skip lunch. Did it take you some time to zero in on a correct dose? He says in the book that it could take a week or, for some, significantly longer.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Janie for me, it's more when I gobble it. I may still be playing around with that. Or maybe I am still playing with amounts. I am going to leave it the way it is now and see where that leads me. :0)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I was able to take an ounce of macadamia oil late this afternoon with no problems. I am astounded how quickly my body adapted.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I just got the book, hope to read it tomorrow. The AS is really great so far.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

janie is offline Senior Member
    That's great, eKatherine. You seem to have adapted quickly. I think I have some macadamia oil around here, and might try it as well.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    I just got the book, hope to read it tomorrow. The AS is really great so far.
    Just ordered the book. Decided to get the hard copy instead of Kindle version so I can lend it to people.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

DeeDub is offline Senior Member
    Alright, so I happened to run into this thread about 2 hours after my last meal. So I figured what the hell, I'll take a tablespoon of CO, what harm could come of it?

Yuck. That is ugly stuff to get down. And it's been about half an hour or so, and I swear I can feel that ball of fat sitting in the bottom of my gut like a brick. Also feeling a bit lightheaded, but that's probably because I cycled 16km (10 miles) today and have only eaten about 1300 calories (incl. CO above) and have another hour before I can eat because of this little hack I just tried.

Anyway....we'll see what happens. But man....that is nasty stuff to swallow in the raw.

Also curious how they turned the two lines of instructions into an actual book.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Ladies, I know some people in the past also tried butter shots (nose clipped) so if you can't manage the oil or you think its unhealthy try butter/Ghee shots.

btw anyone got heartburn from drinking oil/fat? What's the best way to not make it persist, I worry a lot as I can get that (think I have low HCL) but wont have enzymes after drinking oil in case I get more heartburn lol
    I may have to introduce some fruit/pineapple, its the only way I don't get heartburn if I am drinking fat!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I've done a scoop -o- butter before, but the saltiness doesn't help
    with the "flavorless calories" for me. Seems I know I'm eating delicious
    butter, flavor or not! Ha!

Never had HB with drinking the oil before.

Maybe eat one of those chewable antacids an hour before you take the oil?

Can't finish my coffee again today. Just bored with it. So crazy. Coffee is my reason
    for waking up HAPPY in the morning!

Up extra early today too at 5AM - garage sale at 8 goin' on here.

Yesterday wasn't a too low of a calorie day, about 1450, but I was busy all day putting
    stuff in the garage for today's sale, so on my feet in and out of the house for 5 hours
    straight.

Walked about 5 miles.

We'll see what happens today!

Julia

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Julia did you pinch your nose while having the butter? I think if one does it the recommended way with nose pinching followed immediately with a glass of water is should be flavourless... just an option for anyone who doesn't like oils or believe its unhealthy, I think the oil for me is convenient, especially if I have to take it at work, I can sneak in a spoon easily.

Lets wait and see re the HB, I hope eating potatoes and veg will be sufficient to stop it from happening.

My book arrived today, reading it s we speak / write lol.

Hope your sale goes well and you make loadsa money x