Page 97 of 175 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 97

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That's great. Glad to hear it didn't cause any major gastro issues.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I almost had to force myself to eat today. I had 1pm spoonful and just now now at 7pm had a burger patty, guac and grilled romaine with a yummy lemon dressing.

I think I will cut back on the oil tomorrow. I'd like to eat one small meal and my usual dinner.

I have a session with my trainer in the morning. He kicks my butt so I hope I am not a weakling. He does know what I am doing so no surprises there. He's been wanting me to do IF so this is just our oily version of that.

Julia, I hope you survived all those kids.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Yanno, LV, I'm having a garage sale on Saturday.

You bring those clothespins, I'll bring my CO, and we'll make
    an absolute fortune on unsuspecting patrons.

Oceangrl - I think Goldschlager is the one thing that never gives
    me a hangover. Or at least it never did, and I can drink the stuff
    like water. Problem is that it's so tasty, it goes down so smoothly
    and then you're hammered about an hour later and no way out of it.

Wine and beer is so much more gradual... ahem.

Thanks for the prayers for my household full of kids! I survived!

And, it wasn't painful at ALL.

I don't know if it's a Mormon thing, or they are/were just very well behaved,
    but the big kids were helping and playing with the little kids (especially in the
    pool) and I didn't have to do jack crap!

I don't know about YOU all, but when *I* was growing up, I certainly couldn't have
    given a shit about anyone else but myself when I was in a group of family.

Go play with the little ones? ARE YOU CRAZY? Those are YOUR damn kids, NOT MINE,
    play with them yourself, YOU had them, not me.

Maybe I've just always been a selfish bitch.

ANYWAY, it was a sad day to come to an end. Those neighbors have been with us for
    5 years and they were fantastic.

My boys both lost it about an hour after they left our street, which was kind of a surprise, as
    they really didn't show any emotion before that. . . . Even my husband was upset, but not crying
    of course. I definitely mourn the loss of really great neighbors and friends, but, I guess that's
    life. Sigh.

We all drowned our sorrows in our absolutely most favorite pizza.

The curious thing? Usually I can pork down a good 4 pieces of it in rapid succession,
    but last night I was ONLY able to eat two, and barely at that.

This, my friends, is uncanny.

I kept telling Mike "shit, I really want another piece of pizza, but I'll barf if I do!"

Me thinks the oil, the oil dun be workin'.

Carry on folks!

Julia

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I increased my dosage. This morning I took 3 doses of 1-1/2 teaspoons each. No problems! Maybe tomorrow I'll move up to 2 teaspoons per dose.

I need to get some light oil. They say the EVOO doesn't work, which is what I have been using. This afternoon I was tempted and ended up eating butter. Bad girl!

StupidFatHobbit is offline Senior Member
    I tried this for about a day but I just can't bring myself to hold my nose and swallow oil. I enjoy the taste (smell) of coconut oil and it seems like such a waste not to smell it. However I can eat it 2-3 times and go all day without other food until dinner.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Hey ladies, was away for a couple of days for my DD's graduation, I was doing the potato hack, but as I was staying away in a hotel and going out for various dinners, decided to add the oil drinking to it as I didn't know when or what I'll be eating.

I tried SLD before and it stopped working after a couple of months - i.e. my appetite wasn't affected by the oil any longer, but now it seems to worked well, so on both days I maanged to miss lunch without feeling hungry at all, which was great
    Will continue oil drinking, only am using ELOO, I don't trust unrefined CO for drinking (just on my hair lol) and the EVCO has a strong flavor !

I ordered the book, hopefully it will arrive by today/tomorrow.

I don't weigh myself, don't want to upset myself with small fluctuations, but managed to fit into my small tight lovely dress for DD graduation, without the need for spandex as well !! That was great, I haven't been able to fit into that dress for a few months now

janie is offline Senior Member
    My book finally arrived. Read some last night and will read more today. Meanwhile, I'm wondering how important has it been to your success to use flavorless oils? If I use coconut or EVOO and hold my nose, will that be effective?
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    I've read the first 1/2 dozen pages but don't have time to read the whole thread.

Is the only "real" part of the diet just having the oil twice a day? Or is there something else a person should be doing?

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    My book finally arrived. Read some last night and will read more today. Meanwhile, I'm wondering how important has it been to your success to use flavorless oils? If I use coconut or EVOO and hold my nose, will that be effective?
    Janie, I havent read the book. I am going to order it or Kindle it today if its available. I have a jar of Red Palm oil that I bought because of health benefits and I was curious. It has what I consider a vile flavor and it is very strong. I plug my nose and cannot taste a thing except that moment when I swallow. I think you will be fine with co or evoo.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

janie is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, oceangrl. For now I'll stick w/the coconut b/c of its other health benefits, though I may pick up some refined walnut oil (he recommends that as an option in the book) on my next shopping day.

Sev'l years ago I read a book entitled "Calories Don't Count" by Herman Taller, M.D. It was published in the 1960's and he had patients eating low carb and ingesting doses of safflower, corn or sunflower oil. Apparently they had much success. Of course, when I read it, I was put off by the oils as they are no longer considered healthy, but I'm thinking there may be similarities to these plans.

Anyway, I'll know more after I read further.
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.