Page 95 of 175 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 95

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Julia, it was the second one I had a small issue with. It was mindless eating which is what I think that post dinner Tbs of fat does away with.

They are homemade ice pops so nothing like Albertsons cake. Canned coconut milk, pineapple and whatever fruit looks good. This batch was half yellow mango and half blueberry. Sorry for recipe hijacking the thread..now back to fat.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    According to what I remember of SLD, its your body driving you to mindless eating because its resisting lowering your set point

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    According to what I remember of SLD, its your body driving you to mindless eating because its resisting lowering your set point
    I think it's just because I'm weak and when I want some damn chocolate
    in my mouth, I WANT IT NOW!

Ha!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by insearchofabs View Post
    i think it's just because i'm weak and when i want some damn chocolate
    in my mouth, i want it now!

Ha!
    get in mah belly!
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

exactly!

and if sld didn't work for anyone personally, it certainly worked for morex!

inspiration right there to keep on with it for at LEAST 6 months

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Julia, forget about pedometers, this is what you really need: Gadget that counts how many bites you take 'could help stop people overeating' | Mail Online

Bwahahahaha!

Indeedy!

I am so blown away right now. Ate my breakfast, then downed my spoonful of palm oil at 1. Ran errands, walked fast with my dog for 90 minutes and at 6.22, I am just now thinking maybe I will be hungry for dinner by 7. I have been a 3 meals a day person for 3 years. Amazed.

Wow Oceangrl, that is so great!

Yesterday I subsisted on my coffee in the morning, then I started cleaning
    the house.

Recently gutted it and now it was time to clean all my nice new shiny ROOM
    that I have!

The boys helped me clean as well. Think we were at it a good three hours.

Had some oil 2 hrs after my coffee, then an hour after that I had another one cuz
    I still wasn't hungry. Took the boys to the candy store for some treats for helping
    me clean (they did a great job, really! I was amazed!), came home, finally felt some
    hunger, had about 45g of cheddar cheese and I was perfect!

Later my husband grilled up some chicken wings, which I ate about 12 of, those
    small little drummettes and wing parts, and that was all I needed.

Usually I would eat that many and then need something crunchy, or something sweet,
    but nope, I didn't.

I even went a little crazy at Target yesterday. Chex has come out with some new flavored
    gluten free cereals, vanilla and cinnamon, rice chex. I was SO hoping to have a small little
    bowl of those after dinner for my sweet/crunchy fix, but I couldn't even will myself to spark
    up a small amount of hunger OR mouth hunger to do it! Flabbergasting at best.

So, yesterday ended up being a 1200 calorie day, a BUNCH of cleaning (read: i did all the
    mopping and I have hard floors in all but one room) and walked a total of 9.5 miles.

It will be VERY interesting to see if I'm extra hungry today or not.

So far so good, but I'm still getting through my coffee, so there's that.

Is that a black lab I see in your avatar? Boy? Girl? Name please!

I've had two in my lifetime, first one, my sweet baby girl Sophie, got her at 8
    weeks and she lived for 16 years (got her at 18 when I moved out) and then
    my second, Hugo, a rescue, 7 years old and lived until he was 15.

This is the first time in 44.5 years that I've been dog free for almost two years.

It's very strange.. and I STILL walk around the back yard looking for dog poop that
    I "might step on". Gah.

My kids are still so damn needy that there's no way in hell I could get a puppy right
    now (and I'm fine with that, cuz they're so fun!), but the minute, THE MINUTE they
    don't "need me anymore" (the teenage brooding years), your head will spin with how
    fast I run out and get a puppy.

For now I have to get my dog fix from my part time dog walking job. A very sweet
    German Shepherd/Greyhound mix that was a rescue from Guatemala. He's been a
    challenge since he came to the owner fearful of EVERYTHING (and I mean everything,
    even caution tape blowing in the wind, I'm serious). So I have been desensitizing him
    and really working with him a lot and he is SO much better now. Used to be scared shitless
    of the water, wouldn't come within 20 feet of it, and just yesterday, after 8 months of
    diligent work and cajoling, he finally swam. I almost cried! I praised him so much he
    JUST about wiggled right out of his skin. Sweet boy.

Okay! Rambling! I blame it on the coffee!

Keep up the good work, girls!

Julia

Julia, that is a bear. He was outside my brother's house in Mammoth, California. He had been in my brother's house and stole a bag of raw sugar. I told my brother it was the Bear's way of telling him that he should do a Whole 30.

I had a yellow lab named Sailor. The best dog who ever owned me. I have a great photo of my daughter as an infant lying on her blanket on the floor with Sailor laying next to her..guarding her.

It's 9:30 and just had a spoonful of oil. Skipping breakfast. I come from a forum/philosophy that doesn't weigh. I just weighed myself. 2.5 lbs down. Probably not real fat loss at this point but who cares. I find this whole thing amazing. AND..my daughter is going camping with her boyfriend and his family. I volunteered to make their dinner for one night. I made ribs, macaroni salad and my mom's oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Not even tempted.

Last edited by oceangrl; 07-10-2013 at 09:39 AM.