Page 94 of 175 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 94

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ha Julia..I was a Jack taco junkie when I was in my teens living in San Diego. The Jack tacos aren't worth the drive here.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Thank you, Morex, I will! I just bought the book online, looking forward to reading it. I'm going to read the FAQs in bed later tonight
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

janie is offline Senior Member
    I've been reading this thread with interest. I ordered the book (used) on Amazon sev'l days ago and looking forward to its arrival. Like Oceangrl, I know I will be happier if I ditch an additional 8-10 lbs. Morex: your journey is very impressive!
    Starting Weight: 197.5
    Current Weight: 123
    Lost 75# eating low carb (20-40 g) and then MDA primal low carb. Tried many other options but only LC helped me lose weight and improve health. Now at a good weight, I find my body can tolerate a few more carbs but rarely go over 100 g.

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    I did it for years and it really works. Brought me down from a stubborn setpoint of 148-150 (where, coincidentally, I happen to be stuck right now) to my goal of 133-135 lbs in 3 months when I first tried it. Not a perfect fit for everyone, but holy cow, it was like a magic pill for me.

My journal on the SLD forums is called Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure. Shovelqueen's SLD Adventure in case anyone is interested (it goes on for 139 pages, but the first 10 or so will give you an idea of my experience). I was using canola oil to start (I know, I know, but it was 2007 for cryin' out loud!), then switched to Extra Light Olive Oil. Others have used flax oil, I'd like to try it again with coconut oil (refined). I've always taken it holding my breath and then rinsing my mouth out. It's easy and discreet, especially with a liquid oil.

Glad of a reminder that it really does work....

OMG Shovelqueen fancy seeing you here, I had a journal there too, I used to post on combining LC and SLD, and I was against taking canola or OO, and tried home made tallow, I had almost everyone in the forum attacking me and taking the pi$$ cuz I was taking warmed tallow as my oil. Not sure if you remember me !

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Hey all, I did SLD back in 2008 I believe I lost about 8lb or so in less than 10 days because my appetite was quite suppressed and I was doing VLC +SLD, however, I found the appetite suppression effect doesn’t work forever, you can increase your oil to two tbsp. but sooner or later that will also stop to work. The rebound of the appetite coming back again maybe great too. But I know some have learned to smaller portions and their stomach just got used to it in the long run.

Btw for those who wonder how the sugar water works, I think it works the same way as in the honey diet, of course I tried that as well being me, just have a spoon of honey before bed time and one first thing in the morning, it has the same appetite suppression, so one doesn’t fancy anything else sweet, and happy with small portions. Unfortunately I had to quit that even though it was working well for me, I think my skin wasn’t happy with the sugar in the honey ! But if anyone includes honey in their diet, and doesn’t have ill effect it really is a very good way if you hate ingesting the oil.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hi Hotmail!

Hi Janie! Hope you get the book lickety split.

I'm ordering mine from Amazon right now.

Can't beat 4.78 for a book. HA!

How's everyone doing today?

Yesterday was awesome for me, not a lot of hunger and got a lot
    of stuff done. Walked 20k steps!

Julia

Hi everyone. Yesterday was good but I had two coconut milk and fresh pineapple ice pops after dinner which was mindless eating. The second one anyway. They are pretty harmless but giving in to late night foraging is what I have to nip in the bud. So...I am going back to my typical breakfast, tbs of palm oil early afternoon, awesome dinner and Tbs palm oil around 8pm. I think that schedule is my sweet spot.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    So...I am going back to my typical breakfast, tbs of palm oil early afternoon, awesome dinner and Tbs palm oil around 8pm. I think that schedule is my sweet spot.
    Same! It definitely works with my day. I have coffee in the AM, and then take the first CO about noon to 1. I eat an hour later, and then try to fit the second one in either an hour before or an hour after dinner. I notice if I have it after dinner, I have no urge to eat anything else, which is great.

I actually put priority mail tape on my nose today It's excellent at keeping out the scents and flavors. My husband is bring me home some wooden clothespins tomorrow but I think I actually prefer the tape, although of course I look like an idiot.
    be the hair that knots with my hair
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    primal since oct. 1, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    Same! I

I actually put priority mail tape on my nose today It's excellent at keeping out the scents and flavors. My husband is bring me home some wooden clothespins tomorrow but I think I actually prefer the tape, although of course I look like an idiot.
    Great idea. I have just been closing off my throat (therefore nose) like I do when diving under a wave. However, I forgot after about the first minute and the vile taste of red palm oil flooded in. Yeesh.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I hear you on the mindless eating Oceangrl - but there's a difference between wanting something
    because it sounds toothsome, and eating it because you're starving.

Last night I had some chocolate because it sounded good.... tasted good too, but I wasn't
    "hungry".

Eating for taste is definitely a choice, and it's easy to say "no" to it if you really want to.

There lies the difference between being STARVING and eating like a freaking pig to your
    heart's content (where SLD is fantastic in maintaining that nagging hunger), than wanting
    a little treat to satisfy your tastebuds.

I'm pretty sure that if you and I were really hungry, you would have eaten the entire box of
    ice pops and I would have eaten the entire 3 bar pack of chocolate.

So, bygones! But I hear you that it needs to stop.

LV, I'm cracking up over your nose tape. HILARIOUS!

Make sure the mail carrier doesn't see you with that on, he'll try and ship
    you to Guam or something. BEWARE!

Julia