Page 90 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 90

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, part of it is that we're in the middle of the Crossfit Open, so I've really been trying to baby myself, and part of it is that, for some reason, it is so hard to find a hot yoga class that isn't crazy vigorous and body-destroying! I think the unfortunate side effect of trying to mainstream yoga as a "workout" is that every teacher these days assumes their students are there to get their asses kicked. On my days off Crossfit, sure, I'll do the insanely difficult 90-minute boiling hot power vinyasa class with your five-minute Chaturanga holds, but Jesus, if I did that on my Crossfit days, my muscles would never ever recover and I'd basically be wrecked all the time.

I managed to discover one single class that is both a) hot and b) gentle (and not Yin, which I like, but I don't want to just do Yin all the time), and I literally hit it every time it's offered, but it's one of those supplementary classes offered only a few times a week, buried amongst the hot power classes at the local CorePower. So, yoga in-studio is down to 3x/week, or however often I can get to this one class.

Seriously, I would pay a king's ransom for a Moksha studio in my city.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the update Heatseeker - it looks like everyone was wondering how you were doing - I was just thinking about it yesterday hoping you would post

Glad to hear it is going so well!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    Yeah Thanks Heatseeker. Your post gives me hope for the long term. Please keep them coming

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Wow, great news, heatseeker!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I finally have something worth posting: I went on vacation, ate a TON, fasted the day we traveled home (22 hours w/ only water), and LOST weight. I was walking everyday of vacation, (about 1 hour, or more) and did yoga 3 times during the 10 days. But man, I ATE SO MUCH everyday! Not junk, but meat, eggs, fish, chicken, veggies and berries, and a few other fruits, nuts. With very few sweet treats. I have lost 2 more pounds since then, too. Did all that food and walking boost my metabolism? I don't know. I have taken oil shot just once since getting back, but I don't feel the need for it, as I seem to be ok with less food. Maybe its good to "feast" periodically, and change the exercise routine. I may never know exactly what finally moved the weight. Its not dramatic, but any loss is good news. SO my new "low" is 150.2. I expect I will bounce around that for a while, and then maybe I'll see the 140's??I'll keep you posted.

I feel like I am "fixed" when before I felt like something was "wrong".
    thanks, MDA people!

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    I feel like I am "fixed" when before I felt like something was "wrong".
    thanks, MDA people!
    That's fabulous!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Checking in to say that I haven't been SLD-ing for the past couple weeks because I've been gearing up for a competition I did this past Saturday, and therefore increasing my calories by a lot to fuel my workouts and build some muscle. I've been eating at or above 2000 food calories a day (with SLD I was at 1300 food calories a day, 300 oil calories), and my weight is still at its hover point around 152. I think it's safe to say that my setpoint has definitely been reset. So, if you're worried about your setpoint shooting back up if you ever stop SLD, don't.

I think now that this competition is over and I have some relative break time--back to just working out, not "training"--I might start SLD-ing again to see if I can cut some more fat. I'm still shooting for below 20% BF, and right now I'm at 24%.

heatseeker, you have helped a lot of people by starting this thread. I am glad you are doing so well!

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the update. I'm going to do this again. For one thing, my hair never looked so good! I lost 4 lbs in a week doing just one CO a day, because I could never seem to work in the second one. I find it to be a great plateau buster. I'm at the point now where I'm losing maybe half a lb a week if I'm lucky, so I need a little kick in the butt.