Page 84 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 84

sugarcrystal8 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I do Co before bed and sleep fine too. I also If so it helps that for sure. Today again I noticed how quickly I filled up with less than my normal amount at a meal. Hopefully the calorie deficit and the CO means I'll see some weight loss soon!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Folks, I am thinking about going on a limb and trying sugar water maybe next week or so to see if it has the same impact as oil does. Curious, I suppose, and wanna see if a LF version if possible.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

calee is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Folks, I am thinking about going on a limb and trying sugar water maybe next week or so to see if it has the same impact as oil does. Curious, I suppose, and wanna see if a LF version if possible.
    Let us know how that works for you.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Seems I lost a little weight. I have been walking more and I have been cutting back on fat calories, but still my percentage of calories from fat is high. The AS helps keep calories at a resonable place. and I am making sure to stop eating every night by 7 pm, breakfast is not until 8 or 9, and if not hungry, then I only have coffee with a tad of cream. yesterday i added a scoop of whey powder and i felt fine, even lifted heavy things at the gym for an hour.
    so i think the Shangri-la thing works to keep appetite in check, but its not magic weight loss. the other things i do, with fewer calories to mess them up, is what is pushing the tiny weight loss. Not complaining, just an observation FWIW.
    Good luck all!

Ddraig Goch is offline Senior Member
    I have finally caved in and bought some refined coconut oil. Trying to use virgin CO with my nose pinched was just too difficult especially as I was getting a residue after taste. Also in the quantities I will be consuming it, it is jut too expensive. So I have bought some KTC Pure Coconut oil, which has not been hydrogenated in any way, and they don’t use hexane in the refining process. Best of all it’s the cost of grass fed butter. I will switch to 1 shot of this during the day & the virgin CO at night.

Best coconut cooking oil for cooking? - Weston A. Price Foundation - London Chapter (London, England) - Meetup

Hopefully the AS will kick in soon

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I only pop in and out, so can I just quickly ask w/o starting at the beginning, what is AS?

thanks mucho!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

marthat is offline Senior Member
    AS = appetite suppression.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    AS = appetite suppression.
    ah duh... thanks!!!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    i find refined CO and extra-light olive oil work well. i've been doing 1 T. of each in hot water (to melt CO) once a day, sometimes every other day lately. it works for me. sometimes i add a T of heavy cream to the water, too, and it still has no taste.
    good news, I finally lost two pounds over the last 2 days. we'll see how it goes.

cwtch is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Just wanted to post a little update... the EVOO is defo working! I'm less hungry generally, my last meal is before 7pm and I rarely eat after that... I have my EVOO for 'breakfast' and then I have a small snack at around 11am! Before the EVOO I would be ready to eat anything by that time.
    The scale has actually moved... it is just a pound, but this is the first time in 18mths, so something is definitely workiking! Probably the combination of low carb, higher fat and less food overall! I defo think the not eating after tea time is helping.

I am not expecting miracles, a pound every week or two would be fine, I am in no rush - Hey! I've been at this weight for so long now and maintaining with ease. But to see 163 lb on the scale is such a great feeling! Perhaps this is the end of a very long stall?

Thanks heatseeker for starting this thread and making me rethink my diet!

Hope everyone else is doing well...