Page 81 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 81

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    No! Never!

Just in awe... but not enough to overthink it and ruin it.

>knocks on wood<

tra la la la la

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Yay!!! Go Julie!!!!!!!!!!!

I just booked an appt. with an acupuncturist. Not sure what that will do, but if it is a blank, I got a recommendation for another holistic doctor here off the net that is supposed to not dismiss thyroid as long as the standard test is in the normal range. Gotta get that avenue of doubt closed off once and for all.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-20-2013 at 03:22 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Hahahahah GOOD. I was about to cyber punch you in the boob.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Little win for the day. I have to get up at 230am to get to work by 4am. Typically I am TI-ERRRD by 4pm. But, tonight, it's almost 6 and I feel like I could stay up until 10. Of course, I can't, because I have to get up at 230 again. But, I think I MAY be able to thank taking ELOO. I usually do coconut oil on these early mornings, but, it's a lot easier to take a little vial of olive oil than to take a CHUNK of CO.

I was up FOUR pounds this morning, thank you stupid period. Jerk.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

goddesslynne is offline Junior Member
    I decided to do only 1 shot today, at around 10am. We'll see how dinner goes tonight...I think tomorrow I'll try the 10am T and maybe a mid afternoon teaspoon. I think I am just overdoing it with the MCT. I'm sure excited by the possibility of getting this weight off a more natural way! I will grab a bottle of ELOO at TJ's just in case.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    So after almost 2 weeks of nothing, I'm down from 158 to 157 which I haven't seen since the fall! Totalling a 4 pound loss so far
    It took a couple of weeks for AS to kick in on the ELOO, but I think I'm gathering momentum now. Come on, 155!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I'm at 145.6 this morning. Anything starting with 145 is good because it puts me closer to the 143 I hung at last summer. The 152 on January 1 when I started PB was the highest I've been in over a year. I can't do MCT on the weekend because I get sudden cleansing episodes and I hike and walk. This week I've been doing 1/2 T in the morning. Can't today because of all day meeting. Potty is adjacent to meeting room with thin walls. EEK!

My calories are around 1200 a day. Sometimes lower. Good ratios of around 65/15/20. Should I lower calories even more?

I'm generally hungry in the morning. Decaf w 1T heavy cream at 5:30. MCT at 8:30 and no interest in food until 11. That is NOT me! I'm hanging with this because of the appetite suppression if nothing else.

Julie, your 121 is amazing. Can I borrow your young metabolism please? I can drive down and pick it up.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Hi guys! Sorry I've been AWOL! Crazy busy couple of weeks in both job and life realms.

Just thought I'd check in and give a status update. I'm currently stuck on a bouncy hover around 152. Goes up as far as 153, goes down as far as 150. However: I've been extremely lax with my oil shots. Completely forget some days... other days only get in 1 oil shot... etc. So, I'm not surprised that the scale isn't moving downward.

But, on the flip side, I'm not GAINING. It's been a couple weeks now of basically not doing the SLD protocol (doing it halfway or sometimes doesn't cut it), and I haven't gained at all. So I think my fear of "but what happens when I stop doing the oil shots; will I gain it all back?!" is unfounded. My setpoint appears to be actually altered, for real. Which is awesome.

Also, my BF% has continued to drop. I'm now at 152lb, 24% BF. My starting point in early December was 170lb, 29% BF. If you do the math, this also means I've lost about 5lb of muscle, which is an unfortunate consequence of eating at a caloric deficit. My lifts have definitely dipped slightly (most noticeable on deadlift; I've dropped from a max of 210 to a max of 200). Part of me is really, really annoyed at this athletic backsliding, but my cardio endurance hasn't taken the same hit, and has actually increased; and meanwhile, the lower weight due to shedding body fat has enabled me to do more pullups, run faster, etc. So, it's a constant tradeoff. I will admit that the VERY SECOND I reach my BF% goal, I will start eating truckloads of protein again to try to put on muscle mass. It's frustrating to not be making forward progress when everyone else in my xfit classes is PRing every freaking day.

Quick rundown of the state of the heatseeker:
    Starting weight (Dec '12): 170
    Current weight: 152
    Goal weight: No clue. I honestly have no idea what the scale will say when I reach the BF% I want. So, I've switched from aiming for a "goal weight" to aiming for a "goal BF%" of 20%.
    Daily food calories: 1200-1300
    Daily oil shots: 2tbsp ELOO, taken in two doses throughout the day (started back on the protocol for real today)
    Daily macro breakdown: I average around 65g carbs, 80g fat, and anywhere from 100-120g protein. I try to keep my carbs above 50g because otherwise my workouts suffer.
    Food timing: I work out fasted with BCAAs at 9am, then have whey protein in water at 10:30ish, then an oil shot at 11:30-12, big lunch at 2, oil at 4, big dinner at 6-7pm.
    Workout schedule: Crossfit 3x/wk @8:30am, lifting class 2x/wk @9am, extra lifting sessions two Sundays a month @10am. Plus extra daily stuff like yoga and walking my dogs but I don't really consider those workouts.

Feel free to holler any questions you have at me--I'll try to check in with this thread more. Everyone's progress is awesome! I'm so glad this is working for other people out there! It certainly was the silver bullet for me.
    Last edited by heatseeker; 02-21-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post

I just booked an appt. with an acupuncturist. Not sure what that will do, but if it is a blank, I got a recommendation for another holistic doctor here off the net that is supposed to not dismiss thyroid as long as the standard test is in the normal range. Gotta get that avenue of doubt closed off once and for all.
    I'll be curious to hear how things go with the acupuncturist, and with the holistic doctor, if it comes to that. I also recently ruled out thyroid. I went to an integrated medical doctor who specializes in thyroid and hormones and he ran a huge battery of tests, which was great. My T3 was in the normal range, but on the low end, but he wanted to address some other issues first to see if they were affecting my T3 before considering supplementing with some natural thyroid medication.
    I've gone about as far with him as I can and my next step will be to go to an FDN (functional diagnostic nutrition) practitioner. Sean Croxton from Underground Wellness is FDN certified, and he did a YouTube series about it with Reed Davis, the founder. It seemed to me like that was the kind of person I needed to help me figure my shit out! I found a holistic center with an FDN practitioner not too far away from me. I'm sure they're pricey, just like the integrated doc, but I've tried every other path I can think of at this point.

As for closing off avenues of doubt, I just ordered Array 2 from Cyrex Labs, which tests for leaky gut, which both my integrative doc and I assumed I had. I read everything I could on how to heal leaky gut and implemented numerous strategies. But after weeks of doing everything right, my symptoms didn't improve at all. I want to know for sure if I can rule it out or not.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wonderful schedule, Heartseeker. You have a great body comp! For a while I had a BF% goal as well, but it is so iffy, I dropped it. I just don't want any goals no more. Just want to do well, is all.

Happy paleo Girl, I am keeping fingers crossed that you find your answers. Your troubles are far worse than mine, I just get a weight gain, no biggie, really.

And, folks, some of you gotta hate me, but I am constipated with religiously taking 2 TBSP of oil per day. Honestly, I can just put my hands to the side and shrug in bewilderment. Weight is up again, an odd week with a holiday, odd schedule after that, not much chance of additional cardio & took a bona fide rest day on Wednesday (like just walking and not much of that either.)
    Skating also closed downtown, so I ran yesterday, I thought i would be winded, but I was good for 30 min jog.
    Today posted X-fit Workout of the Day is insane, basically row a click, 50 push-ups, run a click, 50 pull-ups, repeat 3 times... My gym is not set up for it, and neither I can do anywhere near 50 pull-ups, even on the assisted rig, so I am breaking into 2 workouts. At lunch I would run 7-8 min, then drop into 50 push-ups (off the knees) 3x. And, while my baby is in her basketball class I would row 3 clicks and then go on the assisted rig and try to do pull-ups. Alternatively I can do OHP with a super-light bar 50 times over the rower.... gotta ask, I suppose.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.