Page 76 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886126 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 76

Coop12oz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I took MCT oil for almost two weeks and never had any ill effects. I assumed that refined coconut oil would be a good addition to the mix so had a T for my afternoon shot. Went with a tablespoon cause hey, it is just like MCT oil right? Unfortunate for me the cramps and cleanse hit me when I was in the middle of a run and had to duck off in the woods. I decided just to give up the SLD until I am done with my 1/2 marathon training runs.

lorichka6 is online now Senior Member
    Good thing you were in the woods Those CO cleanses don't take "not right now" for an answer

little vase is offline Senior Member
    I should know the answer to this but I don't! I know about the 1 hr eating window before and after, but is there also a 1 hr smell window? Should I be not smelling anything for an hour after drinking the oil? D'oh!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Smells are generally no problem. It's more about the taste/scent receptors in the back of your throat/nasal passages that give flavours their complexity, as separate from tongue-mediated basic tastes like sweet, salty, etc.

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, marthat. I was afraid to make dinner ;P This is actually the first day I'm able to work in 2 shots of oil so I'm trying to do it right!

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Do you have any fruit (particulary apples and stone fruit) or tubers particularly carrots before or after the shot with just 1 hr separation? Shredded tubers/apples with oil is a natural laxative. Do you use a lot of fats in cooking in addition to oil? Because of the oil shots, having leaner protein choices might be a better idea if your tummy gets in the evacuation mode. Other than that, yep, everyone is super different.
    Hi,
    I rarely eat fruit. If i do, its generally berries. None since taking the oil. I don't add much fat except full fat, plain organic yogurt, whatever fat is in carnitas etc. when I have a salad, I have a little EVOO and lemon on it.

Yesterday I ate
    B. cup of organic plain yogurt, decaf with 1t cream
    L. Cobb salad w lemon juice not dressing
    D. BAS 4oz salmon filet, 2oz roasted Yukon gold potato, 4oz red wine, 1square 82% organic dark chocolate

I will take my oil later today when I can stay home after my pedi.

sugarcrystal8 is offline Member
    Well I thought I'd ease into it and see how my digestive system handled it. So the past 2 days I only did one dose in the morning (using CO). Day 1 - digestive craziness, LOL, horrible gas and some cleansing. Day 2 - I took the dose with probiotics and no trouble at all!! yay! So I'll continue that way. Today I've taken my morning dose and will add a 2nd one later in the day. No weight change yet but I did notice yesterday that both lunch and dinner I couldn't finish. And I had normal portions on my plate that I eat all the time. I finished lunch but felt overstuffed and so at dinner I just stopped eating at the full point and I had about 1/3 of my meal left. Very interesting! Hopefully I'll see the weight start changing this week now that I'll be on 2 doses.

Is MCT oil superior for this? I'm heading to sprouts today so I may just pick up a small bottle. I am only using CO because I had it on hand.

Zena is offline Junior Member
    I was a little disturbed that I had gained a couple of pounds back so I added an extra tsp of MCT oil and within 2 days had a whoosh and dropped -5.3 pounds :O I am now officially the lowest weight I have been in months! Please can this be my new norm?

On a side note the first day that I tried the MCT I had the worst stomach cramps and bathroom urgency. So I skipped a day and went back into taking 2 small tsps rather than a T at a time. Then I started adding 1 extra tsp later in the day. I cannot believe how it works for AS! Amazeballs!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I have stopped taking any oil unless it's a work day. If I take it everyday, I cannot get hungry enough to eat a healthy amount of food. Yeah, I'm 100 lbs overweight, regardless, eating 800 cals a day just ain't right.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    I have stopped taking any oil unless it's a work day. If I take it everyday, I cannot get hungry enough to eat a healthy amount of food. Yeah, I'm 100 lbs overweight, regardless, eating 800 cals a day just ain't right.
    What the heck are you guys doing? Or rather, what am I not doing right? I wish that the oil shots would curb my hunger that much!