Page 75 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 75

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well what a bunch of crap. Anyone notice the first few days of this to cause water holding?

I did a shot this morning instead of a chunk. Had it at 830 and didn't eat until I got home from work at 230. This has been excellent for work days. I have a hard time finding time to cook or eating in general in this morning, this has been great to stave off hunger. Now, if I could just figure out where the two pounds I thought I lose came back from. Then I could send them back to hell again. I hate this. I wish it would just be consistent.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I had fantastic days on Mond and Tuesday, barely managing 1400 cals a day. Then I baked for the bake sale yesterday. So, amazingly, did not want to eat till about noon after an oil shot at 10 am. Then did a shake and unfortunately one of my meringues. Shouldn't have. I think even with Shangri-la direct hot of sugar is not a good proposition for me. I 'tested' a few bites of dough and add-ins (yeah, because, you know, Hershy Kisses and white chocolate chips taste completely differently in a different seasons, right, duh) AND had a supper (meatloaf, finally!) AND got up hungry this morning and had to eat breakky at 8 am.

On the funny side, my dear daughter told me after I set her up for push-ups in the gym on Tuesday night (setting her back, she still can't do one even off a high bench): "Me and my friend (another girl) now have a Grow Muscle Club! We do Monkey Bars to grow muscle during recess!" I love living in our times, lol! Though I am paranoid about a teacher taking me aside one day....

And, here is a story about perception. I am doing my workout on Wednesday modified for hypertrophy because my back still has the problem. I am all annoyed that I can't give another shot to 95 lbs bench (and lost reps on the 4th set from 8 to 4, big failure), and the guy over on the next bench gives me what I think are dirty looks. The older guys do sometimes... Well, I head for the locker room, and the guy walks too, and asks me: What job do you do? (in a friendly way). Years taught me not to say hydrogeologist, 'cause people get that glassy-eyed look normally, so I automatically go: Groundwater... He is: "No, you are not a fitness instructor? 'Cause you workout like a fitness instructor." Go figure. I am thinking along the lines 'pathetic middle-aged woman' and dislike my workout...
    Last edited by Leida; 02-14-2013 at 08:25 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sugarcrystal8 is offline Member
    Hey everyone! I've been reading this thread for the past 3 days and decided to give it a try. I'll report here to keep track. I'm a little nervous about the digestive symptoms. Are they just in the beginning? And then go away over time? I've been stuck for 3 months hovering between 168-172lbs after dropping 30lbs from primal diet. I was getting frustrated with the stall so hopefully this works!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Well, after a few days of "whatthefuck-itis", I'm back on track. And I bought a bottle of MCT oil yesterday. Took a first dose yesterday afternoon. Didn't notice boundless energy (like Julie power-cleaning her house), but I did notice a much increased rate and severity of hot flashes! "Increase thermogenesis", it says on the bottle. Yeah, sure does! And it feels just like the menopausal hot flashes I work so hard to minimize. Harrummph!

So I'll give MCT a few days trial to see how I feel. But if last night was any indication, I am going to need to take it in the morning, not afternoon, so I can sleep. I'm a bleary-eyed wreck this morning.

I find that digestive symptoms come and go. In my case, I never get loose stool, but might get cramps. I am thinking that depends on when I take the oil (empty stomach etc) and what food it combines with down under.

calee is online now Senior Member
    Primal start 1/1/13 @ 151.5. I started MCT on Saturday @ 147.4. Today, Friday 145. That's an outrageous good week for me.

Saturday - hot after oil, about two hours later, bad stomach cramps.
    Sunday no adverse effects
    Tuesday - system cleanse unexpectedly
    Wednesday -huge system cleanse
    Thursday - teaspoon instead of tablespoon - no adverse effect
    Friday - today I will do a teaspoon again

I am always very heated after MCT oil.

Coffee/decaf at 5am with HWC. Shot at 8:30 at work. Afraid to walk after shot, need bathroom close. 10 decaf with half and half. I am generally starved by 10. Wake before 5, walk a 5k on way to work most mornings. Not even starved at lunch. Most days I get a side of meat and guacamole from the taqueria next door to work. Dinner is some protein and a big salad. 6-8 oz organic Greek plain yogurt is very satisfying now instead of just a teaser. I can't explain the changes but if I can figure out the sudden digestive cleanses, I will be happy. I'm still trying to get to142, my hiking weight last summer. I know I can do it!

calee is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I find that digestive symptoms come and go. In my case, I never get loose stool, but might get cramps. I am thinking that depends on when I take the oil (empty stomach etc) and what food it combines with down under.
    Leida, I get the full cleanse effect. funny how we all react so differently.

Do you have any fruit (particulary apples and stone fruit) or tubers particularly carrots before or after the shot with just 1 hr separation? Shredded tubers/apples with oil is a natural laxative. Do you use a lot of fats in cooking in addition to oil? Because of the oil shots, having leaner protein choices might be a better idea if your tummy gets in the evacuation mode. Other than that, yep, everyone is super different.

Zena is offline Junior Member
    I finally got some MCT oil and Ohhh what an instant effect! It was not good in cleansing department. Felt like the worse case of flu ever. I have had two days off in which I regained 3 pounds so starting today I will take less of the MCT and see what happens. Still at an overall loss but bouncing now and that is nothing new *shrug*.. Not giving up.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Well after the initial 3lb (161 to 158) loss nothing new is happening... but I'll have to wait for aunt Flo to come and leave before confirming further progress. Sorry, Julie's boobs. It may take a while for me to crack that 155.