Page 74 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 74

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Making a run to the health food store this weekend. I'll get some while Im there. I like the effects, but not the reaction this morning. Maybe it'll be easier in shot form. I thought about warming it up, but I didnt want any weird looks lol!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, I started out being able to chew and swallow the CO, and within a few weeks I was gagging. Something about chewing up a solid piece of fat just got real gross real fast.

I love knocking back my shot of liquid oil. Super easy, over in seconds.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    From the first of Feb until today (the 12th), I have lost 6 lbs. That's pretty impressive to me!

I've also started another course of probiotics/enzymes, in hopes of improving my body's fat metabolism, and to ensure that "bad" flora gets completely overrun by "good" flora.

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    From the first of Feb until today (the 12th), I have lost 6 lbs. That's pretty impressive to me!
    Wowie! And to me as well. That's amazing!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I tried to do a CO shot this afternoon, but I just couldn't do it. Decided I can control what I am eating enough to hold off until I get the MCT. Some days I already struggle to make 1000 calories. Yesterday I was the most successful at 1189.

I will say, for my first hunger of the day I finished up a packaged of center cut bacon. I had five pieces and I was STUFFED. Center cut bacon is thin sliced and about 4 inches long. No fatty ends. Gets very crispy and yummy. So, that's all I've had today because I have yet to be hungry. Mostly, I am fighting back the urge to GACK due to the copper poop taste in my mouth. EFF YOU KETOSIS! Oh... right... you help me lose weight. It's ok, continue to poop in my mouth.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post

I've also started another course of probiotics/enzymes, in hopes of improving my body's fat metabolism, and to ensure that "bad" flora gets completely overrun by "good" flora.
    Awesome results! Simply incredible. I hope your body continues to respond this well!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I had a huge digestive cleanse yesterday. Glad I was in my office, not walking around the lake! Probably the MCT oil, but I've been doing it since Saturday and this was the first response.

Down a pound this morning. YAY!

For those having digestion issues (including myself), is it possible that the oil is having a laxative effect, which is leading to the weight-loss? I don't want to continue with this if it's harmful. Right now I'm using coconut oil and sometimes it causes diarrhea, other times I'm fine. Thoughts?

ConnieSB is offline Member
    I've decided to give this a try, bought some MCT oil yesterday, but I decided not to take a whole tbsp at once in case I had an "explosion" emergency (been there, done that, have digestive disorders) so I had 1 tsp, went out the feed the horses, waited about 1/2 hr had another tsp, and a few minutes later had gasey/gurgly stuff so I decided not to do the final tsp as I didn't want to have an "accident" on my way to work. I took my first shot of MCT oil at 6:15 AM, its now 9:30 and I"m still not hungry. I will say I felt kinda silly when taking the MCT this morning, but reading others results made me decide to give it a try.
    In January I stared whole 30, lasted about 3 weeks, my stomach got even more out of whack, the bloat/gas/constipation was worse than when I started. Visiting the whole 30 forum daily got kinda freaky cuz people were freaking out of accidently consumng non-30 approved ingredients (they didnt' realize ingredient was in the food) and reading this was starting to put me back in the obsessive measuring/monitoring/drive myself nuts issue again...I refuse to go back down that path, I get even fatter.
    I need to lose at least 40 lb, just haven't committed to Paleo/Primal 100%...not sure why, guess in the back of my mind I'm still doubtful that I can actually lose the wt. I can't seem to get past 10 lbs...but it's totally my fault, I know that. If I can ever get past that first 10 lb (gain and lose) I might actually feel like I CAN lose all the wt.

ConnieSB is offline Member
    I've decided to give this a try, bought some MCT oil yesterday, but I decided not to take a whole tbsp at once in case I had an "explosion" emergency (been there, done that, have digestive disorders) so I had 1 tsp, went out to feed the horses, waited about 1/2 hr had another tsp, and a few minutes later had gasey/gurgly stuff so I decided not to do the final tsp as I didn't want to have an "accident" on my way to work. I took my first shot of MCT oil at 6:15 AM, its now 9:30 and I"m still not hungry. I will say I felt kinda silly when taking the MCT this morning, but reading others results made me decide to give it a try.
    In January I stared whole 30, lasted about 3 weeks, my stomach got even more out of whack, the bloat/gas/constipation was worse than when I started. Visiting the whole 30 forum daily got kinda freaky cuz people were freaking out of accidently consumng non-30 approved ingredients (they didnt' realize ingredient was in the food) and reading this was starting to put me back in the obsessive measuring/monitoring/drive myself nuts issue again...I refuse to go back down that path, I get even fatter.
    I need to lose at least 40 lb, just haven't committed to Paleo/Primal 100%...not sure why, guess in the back of my mind I'm still doubtful that I can actually lose the wt. I can't seem to get past 10 lbs...but it's totally my fault, I know that. If I can ever get past that first 10 lb (gain and lose) I might actually feel like I CAN lose all the wt.