Page 72 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 72

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Okay, back up to 152 today after two days of Crossfit. As expected. 152 is still lower than my college weight, so I'm still happy.

When I think about how I was at 170 a few months ago, I can't believe it.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Great progress, heatseeker!

I've gone up almost 2lbs since yesterday but that's after a refeed day (and it's mid-cycle water retention time).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    What a weird weekend for me. I hurt my back by sitting on my butt all Saturday working on a course assignment (I dunno why I thought I needed an extra challenge of a Uni course for prof development, doesn't look like any kind of a bright idea now). I hurt my stomach by either drinking a smoothie with newly purchased whey iso - I have some sort of an "all meat no wantie" funk or testing if indeed I should throw away a 'in the back of the fridge' jar of eggplant caviar or I could re-boil and re-can it (a moldy top should have clued me in, but what the heck, grandma used to--- yeah, they don't build women the way they used to.) As a result I am two boiled eggs and 4 radishes and a shot of oil down at noon and not interested in food (it is accumulating in the work fridge). I've been skipping breakfasts for 3 or 4 days now. Gonna go skate now, and hopefully the back will be Okay by tomorrow so I can finish abs I skipped on Sunday after we had a falling out over the 77 lb push-press (zut).

Still gaining, getting close to 133 lbs.

The highlight of this weekend was that I finally trained my daughter to do the kneeling dives - she's got it! Now she wants to muster push-ups. I sense Pavlov's ladders coming.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-11-2013 at 11:24 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing the food WITH oil, Leida?

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Got hit with the diarrhea today, again. This is not fun.

My husband also is going through this.

I'm going to cut back to 1 tbls per day for awhile, and see if that helps.

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    Great progress, heatseeker!

I've gone up almost 2lbs since yesterday but that's after a refeed day (and it's mid-cycle water retention time).

Oh, poor Julie's boobs! They'll have to stay crossed for a little longer! I doubt they will have to for too long, though - that water will be gone before ya know it.

Congrats to all on your progress and positives. I'm loving following this thread, especially with the added comic relief lately!
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    What a weird weekend for me. I hurt my back by sitting on my butt all Saturday working on a course assignment (I dunno why I thought I needed an extra challenge of a Uni course for prof development, doesn't look like any kind of a bright idea now). I hurt my stomach by either drinking a smoothie with newly purchased whey iso - I have some sort of an "all meat no wantie" funk or testing if indeed I should throw away a 'in the back of the fridge' jar of eggplant caviar or I could re-boil and re-can it (a moldy top should have clued me in, but what the heck, grandma used to--- yeah, they don't build women the way they used to.) As a result I am two boiled eggs and 4 radishes and a shot of oil down at noon and not interested in food (it is accumulating in the work fridge). I've been skipping breakfasts for 3 or 4 days now. Gonna go skate now, and hopefully the back will be Okay by tomorrow so I can finish abs I skipped on Sunday after we had a falling out over the 77 lb push-press (zut).

Still gaining, getting close to 133 lbs.

The highlight of this weekend was that I finally trained my daughter to do the kneeling dives - she's got it! Now she wants to muster push-ups. I sense Pavlov's ladders coming.
    Hope your back is better soon, Leida. Sounds like your daughter is already a motivated go-getter like her mom - good luck with the push-ups!

- Robert Louis Stevenson

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Are you doing the food WITH oil, Leida?
    No, no, as prescribed, at least 1 hour before and 1 hour after any flavors.

Hope your back is better soon, Leida. Sounds like your daughter is already a motivated go-getter like her mom - good luck with the push-ups!
    Nah, she is just a typical 6 yo - wants to try everything and drops most of it Nothing wrong with it. Up to mommy to keep her sticking with it when the goin' gets rough, lol. That's why we are mommies.

Oh, shoot, get better soon!
    Last edited by Leida; 02-11-2013 at 12:45 PM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    i am enjoying this thread - you ladies are a riot! i have noticed that my weight is exactly the same each day - i used to fluctuate a bit, but now it is rock steady for some time. at least i have not gained!
    i am trying to be really carelful about what i eat - I think Julie is on to something when she said eating yummy foods gets out of control. that is me and chocolate...heh, heh - chocolate is an important food group in my life!
    also starting to reintroduce a few ideas that seem to work from other places....like working out in the a.m., waiting an hour, then eating. maybe i'll take the oil, work out, then wait.
    also, not eating late in the evening is good, and easier for me now that the AS from oil is still going on. the thought of eating more, or even taking an oil shot in the p.m. just makes me queasy.
    i'll let you know if anything changes, but at least i have energy to shovel all that snow here in the Northeast!

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post

My husband also is going through this.

I'm going to cut back to 1 tbls per day for awhile, and see if that helps.

From what I've seen (and experienced myself quite a while ago), it seems that good old coconut and MCT oils kickstart what, in my humble opinion, may just be a necessary and extremely thorough house cleaning of the innards as well as a pretty effective detox. Although it may not be too fun at the time, I really think it is very beneficial. I hope you and your hubby are feeling better soon, though.

Julie, I've been wondering - at the rate you're going with this SLD business, will there be a username change in your future? I think HolyShitIFoundEm! would be a good one. Just my $.02.

- Robert Louis Stevenson