Page 70 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 70

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm refraining from seeing if The Cheese Gallery delivers to California!

little vase is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I love drugstore .com. Ordered MCT oil on Wednesday and whala! It arrived on Friday. I will take my first shot this morning and see what happens. That said, I'm going to a birthday party. Yummy organic fish and veggies but I tend to eat a bit more when out.

Starting weight 146.6, first goal to shed five big ones. I plan to walk at least a 5k today, maybe more and do some arm weights.
    Good luck! Thanks for the drugstore.com tip.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    I love drugstore .com. Ordered MCT oil on Wednesday and whala! It arrived on Friday. I will take my first shot this morning and see what happens. That said, I'm going to a birthday party. Yummy organic fish and veggies but I tend to eat a bit more when out.

Starting weight 146.6, first goal to shed five big ones. I plan to walk at least a 5k today, maybe more and do some arm weights.
    If you are going out tonight-just a "heads up". I was taking co shots and switched to MCT on Monday. Let's just say it kinda cleans out your system.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    If you are going out tonight-just a "heads up". I was taking co shots and switched to MCT on Monday. Let's just say it kinda cleans out your system.
    Good to know, thanks! I just had my first T of oil, my stomach is queezy. Maybe I will wait a bit before my walk as there are no potties for an hour or more.

Good to know, thanks! I just had my first T of oil, my stomach is queezy. Maybe I will wait a bit before my walk as there are no potties for an hour or more.
    Yes and it just kinda hits you with not much warning!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Down to 150.8 this morning. 149 is so close... c'mon...

Of course, I've spent all week laying in bed, no workouts, with maybe 500 calories of liquid food per day, so I really don't think we can chalk this weight loss up to SLD, to be very fair. Yesterday I managed some solid food for dinner and my stomach didn't protest, so I think I'll try to eat normally today. Fingers crossed.

I'm expecting my scale number to go back up slightly the minute I get back to my workouts (possibly today, definitely tomorrow). I would actually kind of welcome a little uptick in weight, because I fear some of this was muscle loss.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I think you did quite well at the party, Martha!

I would have mowed those chips as well AND stuck a fork
    into anyone's hand who thought they were going to get some....

Wow, congrats to all the losers! So awesome.

Well *I* made a complete pig out of myself last night.

Bottle of chardonnay, that I made last from 5pm to 11pm so
    I wouldn't wake up hurting this morning (it worked) but for
    FOOD I had some rice snax, you know, those tasty little funny
    shaped crispity crunchity weird flavored, well, rice cracker snack
    things... small bowl of those, one piece of pizza, and then TEN
    OUNCES of cheese fondue ALL TO MY BLOODY SELF, one apple
    and maybe a HUGE slice of sourdough. The bread comes all cut up
    so who knows how much it was, but I know it was too much cuz
    there's a lot of bread left over this morning, but zero cheese. HA!

That said, I DID burn 2500 calories yesterday according to my bodybugg,
    which is a feat in itself.. I don't think I've ever been able to get over

So I guess all that walking, the gym and all the CLEANING really helped, so maybe
    there won't be too much of a blip on the scale. I don't weigh myself until I'm about
    to eat my first meeeeeal (hate that word!) of the day, so who knows.

But I do know that I'm all wheezy from the wheat and the wine!

Ah well, bygones! It was all delicious and worth every sip/bite.

In other news, my ass is about to fall off from the squats, deadlifts
    and lunges I did at the gym yesterday. DYING.

Also approaching ovulation time, which for me means up three pounds
    of water bloat time. I'm so damn lucky!

Julie

marthat is offline Senior Member
    My only meal today has been a feast of all you can eat sushi and assorted other Japanese/Thai restaurant stuff. Won't need supper, and out to play this evening. It's brilliant sunny out, only -3C and the roads have been more or less plowed. I plan to run outside this afternoon!!! Yeah!!

Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    AAAHHH! Sudden change of plans - dietary disaster ahead! Thanks to the snow storm, my usual Special Olympics Floor Hockey practice was cancelled (actually, I cancelled it - I'm team manager). So I thought a quiet evening at home sipping my martini was on tap. Then hubby reminded me that since I didn't have my usual commitment, I could accompany him to a friend's birthday party this evening. I had totally not remembered that this was even happening! Oh no!! Home-made (really good, organic juice, sulphite-free, smooth-goin'-down) red wine, lots of nibblies - temptations all around!

BTW, I just made some amazingly easy and good fish. Tbsp EVCO in a frying pan, throw in and fry little fillets of frozen haddock, then add a mix of about 2 parts coconut milk, 1 part mayo and a half tbsp of curry powder all mixed together. Cook together a bit to bubble up the sauce.
    This sounds YUMMY! I'm gonna try it out tomorrow.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    MCT oil update. About two hours after taking 1T of the oil, I went for a 90 minute walk. I waited until I pooped (sorry) before leaving the house after being warned. On the way home I walked through the farmers market and had a few slices of apples and oranges. A few minutes later I was doubled over with stomach cramps. They went away walking home but not pleasant at all. I ate a little lunch when I got home. No hunger in the afternoon. I went to a dinner party last night. All organic. Had about 4 oz salmon, a couple pieces of roasted beets and fennel and a bites of lettuce. I generally would have wanted a lot more because it was so yummy. Oddly others finished what I originally put on my plate.

I am generally feeling starved by 9am. I wake by 5am. Yesterday after the oil I wasn't hungry at all until the farmers market at noon. Maybe it was the 1T of heave cream in the morning, but I have that daily.

I took 1T this morning at 7:30. I'm going for a strenuous 5 mile hike in the hills at 9:45. I am curious to see what my hunger does today. My stomach feels queasy the way it did yesterday after the oil.

That's it for my first day experiment. I love that MCT is flavorless!