Page 67 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 67

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Just out of curiosity... what kind of MCT oil are you guys using? I've never even seen it in a store - just heard about it on here when the bullet proof coffee thing went viral around MDA Kinda like the SLD now!

calee is offline Senior Member
    I bought the Now brand. I got it at drugstore .com for $19 with free shipping at $25 so I threw something else in the cart. Locally it's $25. Amazon was higher because it was not eligible for free shipping. The reviews for NOW brand were god so I went with that.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Just out of curiosity... what kind of MCT oil are you guys using? I've never even seen it in a store - just heard about it on here when the bullet proof coffee thing went viral around MDA Kinda like the SLD now!
    I bought mine at a local health food store, its called Alpha Supreme. I paid 36.95 for 1L.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Update here: I have gained 8 lbs :-(. Not the direction I want to go! I am reverting back to good ole fashioned Whole 9 (plus cream). That has always seemed to work best.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Unicorn, out of curiosity, what was your caloric intake while doing the oil shots? I want to start compiling rough data from people for whom SLD didn't work.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    They say you don't have to count the calories from your extra oil shots,but I do.
    I absolutely do as well.

Heatseeker - you may want to ask your question to HopelessDreamer as well. Looks like she's
    having difficulty too.

I've found with the SLD that you really need to figure out what FOOD is going to be
    satiating without being too damn tasty.

If it's something that you're really salivating over and your going to go hog wild
    when you eat it, despite your oil shots, because it tastes so GOOD, then you
    probably want to have something else.

Like for me, two eggs with a chicken snausage diced up in it with cheddar cheese
    and SALSA on top, is like, OMG - grab the feedbag cuz I need to strap it on and
    get to mowing 50lbs of that.

But like yesterday, I was hungry, but so super bored to think about anything yummy,
    that I had 3 left over bbq chicken wings (just the wing part, not the drummy) and then
    two scrambled eggs.

Halfway through the eggs I was like "yeah, well, nice try", and gave the rest to my cat.

If you can just get to the lowering your set point aspect of this protocol WITH the oil,
    then even super yummy food, later, will NOT be an open invitation to eat a crap ton.

Trust me, you will get bored of it or just full.

Even the other night my mouth was watering for a little bit of 90% lindt chocolate...

Usually I can even pork down an entire PLANK of that stuff, but that night, after even
    ONE SQUARE, I knew I was done.

It's just so freaking remarkable I can't get over it.

The End

Julie

beckie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    I've found with the SLD that you really need to figure out what FOOD is going to be
    satiating without being too damn tasty.

If it's something that you're really salivating over and your going to go hog wild
    when you eat it, despite your oil shots, because it tastes so GOOD, then you
    probably want to have something else.
    You hit the nail on the head!! This is EXACTLY where I screwed up last night. My kids have been begging for chicken parmesan, so I finally fixed it for dinner last night (my primal friendly version over spaghetti squash). It smelled so fantastic that I wolfed it down before I could realize that I was stuffed. Later, I still had the taste in my mouth (I should have known to go brush my teeth right that moment!) and just had to have something else to satisfy the mouth munchies...not the slightest bit hungry but I just wanted to eat. I proceeded to eat close to half a jar of nuts. Thankfully there was no weight gain (yet) from the splurge.

I KNOW!!! It's CRAZY.

Hey, I used to be able to pork down about 13 pieces of COSTCO
    THICK SLICED BACON and think nothing of it. I mean, it's bacon,
    right?

Right, along with 780 calories if I -JUST- ate that.

Last Sunday we had bacon, and I only had TWO pieces because
    any more than that with my measly TWO eggs was almost making
    me gag.

What? My beloved bacon? My most favoritest food on the planet?

THE HORROR

So I hear you!

And now I have so much freaking energy from my oil at 6:30 and then my coffee at
    8:30, I'm off to kill it at the gym.

If you don't hear from me again, check the hospitals. My muscles 'sploded.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Julie you are a friggin nut!

On the comment of They say you don't have to count the calories from your extra oil shots,but I do,
    not sure where the original is... sorry too lazy to look for it....but anyways, I had read somewhere, and damned if I know where, something about... see I dont even know for sure what I read, but something about only really needing to count Half of CO. I dont know if half the fat, half the calories... or both... and I dont remember the whys and what-fors. I just remember thinking.. oh that is good, every little bit helps, and then I moved on.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    And this is why I get paid THE BIG BUCKS.

Oh, wait, nooooo, haven't seen a paycheck since 2001....

Ah well, I guess my husband pays me to stay home.

I think you're on the right path with the CO because something
    about it being metabolized lickety split instead of stored cuz
    of the MCTs or whatever.

I read it too, but like you, can't tell from where for the life of me.

I'll just chalk it up to a Senior Moment and move on with my convoluted beliefs....

~Anonymous