Page 66 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 66

little vase is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    As God As My
    Witness, I Shall Not Let The Water Bloat Make Me Succumb
    To Stooopid Snax or Thoughts Of Failure!
    Hey, I remember that line from Gone With the Wind! Great scene.
    Last edited by little vase; 02-07-2013 at 01:44 PM. Reason: crappy html skills

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Thats incredible. I would be SO dancing in the streets at 120 some pounds wow.

Stephanie is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    I started last Friday and was using unrefined co. On Monday I went and got some MCT oil, I love it!! It gives me so much energy and I rarely feel hungry between meals.
    Mct oil, great idea. Never would of thought of that. I'm not comfortable with light evoo, but mct would work great. I know it's totally flavorless my son used to take it to help him absorb his vitamins and yes I remember it helping dramatically with his energy. Thanks girl!!!!

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    sooo wishing I would lose weight too...calories down alot, keeping up with the oil dosage, and exercising. A little fluctuation down on the scale, the right back up again. Sigh. I'm still so glad for the AS, but its been 4 weeks. Why dont I get the "woosh"? oh well.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HopelessDreamer View Post
    sooo wishing I would lose weight too...calories down alot, keeping up with the oil dosage, and exercising. A little fluctuation down on the scale, the right back up again. Sigh. I'm still so glad for the AS, but its been 4 weeks. Why dont I get the "woosh"? oh well.
    You're not alone. I'm at the same place I started too.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    Mct oil, great idea. Never would of thought of that. I'm not comfortable with light evoo, but mct would work great. I know it's totally flavorless my son used to take it to help him absorb his vitamins and yes I remember it helping dramatically with his energy. Thanks girl!!!!
    No problem, I love this stuff. Seems to work so much better for me then other oils,and I'm down 4 pounds since last Wednesday!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

calee is offline Senior Member
    I ordered MCT oil a few days ago. Still waiting for it to arrive so I can give it a try. I have lots of energy but would love a bit of AS.

I'm 5'4", 62 and walk at least a 5k 6-7 days a week but have a desk job. I find that 1300 calories Has been the top end of my maintenance range, more like 1100 if I don't walk for a day. Any suggestions about target calories etc. if I don't stay low carb I gain immediately. My weight is 147 but I was formerly morbidly obese. I've been adding more pushups etc, sprint occasionally and do Pilates some.

Any helpful hints appreciated. How much MCT should I start with? How often?

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I ordered MCT oil a few days ago. Still waiting for it to arrive so I can give it a try. I have lots of energy but would love a bit of AS.

I'm 5'4", 62 and walk at least a 5k 6-7 days a week but have a desk job. I find that 1300 calories Has been the top end of my maintenance range, more like 1100 if I don't walk for a day. Any suggestions about target calories etc. if I don't stay low carb I gain immediately. My weight is 147 but I was formerly morbidly obese. I've been adding more pushups etc, sprint occasionally and do Pilates some.

Any helpful hints appreciated. How much MCT should I start with? How often?
    Wow!! Good for you!! I hope to still be as motivated as you at 62! I take 2 tbsp. a day of MCT oil, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.They say to ease into it at first by taking a tsp. a day ( it can cause stomach cramps).I was already taking co twice a day so I started right into 2 tbsp. of the MCT with just a mild little tummy ache the first day.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Wow!! Good for you!! I hope to still be as motivated as you at 62! I take 2 tbsp. a day of MCT oil, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.They say to ease into it at first by taking a tsp. a day ( it can cause stomach cramps).I was already taking co twice a day so I started right into 2 tbsp. of the MCT with just a mild little tummy ache the first day.
    Thanks! I've been using coconut cream some and have had some coconut oil so I might start with 1 T in the morning. I already have some sleep difficulty so will ease into afternoon dose. If you punt calories, do you count the oil in your daily caloric totals?

I think I get more motivated with age because I want a 6-10 mike hike to be effortless. I love adventure travel and don't want to be stopped by deteriorating health. I want to shed more pounds and build more muscle as I think it will help as I age. Haven't you heard, 60 is the new 40?
    Last edited by calee; 02-08-2013 at 05:54 AM.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Thanks! I've been using coconut cream some and have had some coconut oil so I might start with 1 T in the morning. I already have some sleep difficulty so will ease into afternoon dose. If you punt calories, do you count the oil in your daily caloric totals?

I think I get more motivated with age because I want a 6-10 mike hike to be effortless. I love adventure travel and don't want to be stopped by deteriorating health. I want to shed more pounds and build more muscle as I think it will help as I age. Haven't you heard, 60 is the new 40?
    They say you don't have to count the calories from your extra oil shots,but I do.