Page 64 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 64

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I've gone through several posts and haven't found which oil is best? I only have unrefined coconut oil and evoo which according to the book are not good options.

Also, any tips before I start in a couple days?
    I started last Friday and was using unrefined co. On Monday I went and got some MCT oil, I love it!! It gives me so much energy and I rarely feel hungry between meals.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

little vase is online now Senior Member
    This has been the most fascinating read! I spent the last few nights falling asleep to this thread, and waking up to wanting to read more.

Do you think taking a CO shot in the afternoon twice would be ok? The first shot at 1-ish and the next at 3-ish? I wake up at about 7-8 and have a couple of cups of green tea and then go to the gym and am not back until 11 or so, and then eat an omelet. I'm trying to figure when the best times to take the oil are for me. If the 2 in the afternoon aren't advised, is one an hour after dinner ok? If I absolutely have to I can take a baggie with me to the gym and take it in the middle of my workout but it would be so much nicer to do it at home! I'm open to anything though. I really don't want to replace my green tea with an oil shot though, but am willing to try any other combo.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I read your journal over at Shangri La. Your journey is very inspirational. I hope you see the 140's soon to help you stay motivated and inspired!

Wow! That's quite a feat! Thanks for your interest and encouragement...

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by little vase View Post
    This has been the most fascinating read! I spent the last few nights falling asleep to this thread, and waking up to wanting to read more.

Do you think taking a CO shot in the afternoon twice would be ok? The first shot at 1-ish and the next at 3-ish? I wake up at about 7-8 and have a couple of cups of green tea and then go to the gym and am not back until 11 or so, and then eat an omelet. I'm trying to figure when the best times to take the oil are for me. If the 2 in the afternoon aren't advised, is one an hour after dinner ok? If I absolutely have to I can take a baggie with me to the gym and take it in the middle of my workout but it would be so much nicer to do it at home! I'm open to anything though. I really don't want to replace my green tea with an oil shot though, but am willing to try any other combo.
    You can take it any time as long as it is in the middle of a 2 hr flavourless window. Some folks take it at bedtime, or upon rising (delaying their coffee for an hour), or in 1, 2 or even occasionally 3 separate doses. I always found once a day the most convenient. Could you take your oil to the gym, take it as soon as you hit the locker room after your workout, then do your shower, commute, whatever in the next hour. But if 1 and 3 work for your life, go for it.

The only caution is not taking a highly energizing oil (if an oil affects you that way) in the evening, and then having disturbed sleep.

Good luck with it!

Thanks, marthat! I'm excited to try this. I'm actually still home and waiting for a friend to head to the gym so I'm going to take my first shot right now because I can But after today I'll probably switch to the twice in the afternoon protocol.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    This may be a stupid question - can you brush your teeth within an hour of taking the oil, or would that be considered breaking the flavourless window?

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    That's breaking the flavorless window. I think everyone's forgotten and made that mistake, don't worry.

Down to 151.4 this morning. Having a fever for three days is apparently good for something besides misery. My scale number will almost certainly go back up a bit once I get back to working out, but at least I can enjoy this number for a little while. My lowest weight since college!

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    My lowest weight since college!
    Wow. That is amazing. You must be over the moon. Way to go!

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    That's breaking the flavorless window.
    Dang it!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    LOL! Don't worry, I've totally done it. More than once. It probably won't make a huge difference, just try not to do it in the future.