Page 63 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 63

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Yeah, see, same thing as me... so instead of eating more, I just did more oil.

Not like I didn't eat at all or anything, but now that I understand that yummy calories
    up ye ol' set point, I still eat normal food, but stuff I don't want to OVER eat.. like eggs
    and meats... and hope the oil quells the appetite for SS (stupid shit).

Like I had just finished my 3 eggs, two sausages and 2 pieces of bacon at 1:45pm, brought
    my plate up to the sink and saw a baggie (left by the kids) of Pirate's Booty (white cheddar
    cheese puffs), and even though I'd JUST freaking eaten (over 500 cals at that!), I salivated
    over that damn Pirate's Booty like I hadn't eaten in a WEEK.

That's the stupid shit I'm talking about and trying NOT to eat (among other things) because I
    can just eaaaaat and eaaaaaat and eaaaaaat it, no matter WHAT I've eaten prior.

So for now, it's oil and boring ass food, but nutritious food....

Meh, I'm rambling again.

Julie
    Just wondering why you would have 'pirates booty' junk food avail for your kids? Is that something they brought home or did you purchase it for them? Just curious as I'm not familiar with the product but it sounds like man-made crap. Just wondering.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Stephanie is offline Member
    I've gone through several posts and haven't found which oil is best? I only have unrefined coconut oil and evoo which according to the book are not good options.

Also, any tips before I start in a couple days?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Just wondering why you would have 'pirates booty' junk food avail for your kids? Is that something they brought home or did you purchase it for them? Just curious as I'm not familiar with the product but it sounds like man-made crap. Just wondering.
    I'm not even going to go there, so "keep wondering".

/julie

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Julie you are hilarious. Love your posts. And your success. I'm motivated.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
    I've gone through several posts and haven't found which oil is best? I only have unrefined coconut oil and evoo which according to the book are not good options.

Also, any tips before I start in a couple days?
    Several on this thread are using coconut oil, often the organic, but refined, flavourless version. But the most common oil used is Extra Light Olive Oil, the flavourless version of olive oil. All of the major brands have a version of it. It will be light yellowish rather than deep green.

Just be sure that whatever you use, you take it in a way that you don't taste the oil at all. Hold your breath, plug your nose, throw it back like a shot - whatever works for you.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I hear you Julie, I am also a human vacuum cleaner.

Down almost a pound today - probably water but I'm taking it.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    150.0 this morning, so down about 1.5 since last weekend. Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me see the 140's! It's so important to me psychologically, that minor weight change, but major mindset change.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    150.0 this morning, so down about 1.5 since last weekend. Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me see the 140's! It's so important to me psychologically, that minor weight change, but major mindset change.
    Way to go!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

calee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Yeah, see, same thing as me... so instead of eating more, I just did more oil.

Not like I didn't eat at all or anything, but now that I understand that yummy calories
    up ye ol' set point, I still eat normal food, but stuff I don't want to OVER eat.. like eggs
    and meats... and hope the oil quells the appetite for SS (stupid shit).

Like I had just finished my 3 eggs, two sausages and 2 pieces of bacon at 1:45pm, brought
    my plate up to the sink and saw a baggie (left by the kids) of Pirate's Booty (white cheddar
    cheese puffs), and even though I'd JUST freaking eaten (over 500 cals at that!), I salivated
    over that damn Pirate's Booty like I hadn't eaten in a WEEK.

That's the stupid shit I'm talking about and trying NOT to eat (among other things) because I
    can just eaaaaat and eaaaaaat and eaaaaaat it, no matter WHAT I've eaten prior.

So for now, it's oil and boring ass food, but nutritious food....

Meh, I'm rambling again.

Julie
    Julie, love your rambling, please dont stop.

I've been doing the HFLC but ordered MCT oil yesterday and will join younallmin Shangri lala land when it arrives. I still have 5 pounds to shed to get back to September set point. Darn holiday, vacation new higher set point! GRRRRR

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    I read your journal over at Shangri La. Your journey is very inspirational. I hope you see the 140's soon to help you stay motivated and inspired!