Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 61

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah Julie!

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Thanks girls!

Now this DOES include going low carb too... REALLY low carb, so that
    has something to do with it.

However, I've noticed the best appetite suppression with the oil that now when
    I finally eat breakfast at 1pm, instead of wanting 4 eggs and 500 pieces of bacon,
    two eggs and TWO pieces of bacon are MORE than enough. Like nauseatingly enough.

So weird.

Last couple of days have been a bit rough though, really hungry, so I upped the oil
    to three times a day whilst keeping cals in check.

Thinking maybe my set point is being lowered because I can't blame the hunger on
    anything else, as LadyTime is over and ovulation is 7 days away, so who knows.

I also walk 7-10 miles a day, so I know that helps, but most of all, I'm really enjoying
    NOT being hungry, or just having a NIGGLE of hunger instead of "HOLY SHIT I GOTS TO
    EAT! GET OUTTA THE WAY KIDS, OR *YOU'RE IT!"

We'll see what happens the rest of the week.

I usually have a sticking point of 119, so 123 could be the new 119.... we'll see!

Julie

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Kinda funny story...I went over to my local health food store to pick up some MCT oil. When I went to pay for it the lady asked"was this stuff on the Dr. Oz show or something"? I said I didn't know because I don't watch it.She replied "I can't seem to keep it on the shelves lately".
    OMG!!! I just found out that Dr. Oz WAS talking about MCT oil yesterday on his show...I better hit the health food store and stalk up!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    This morning, the first drop of the scale occurred. Hopefully, this is the tipping point, and I'm now heading down the fat-loss slope, picking up momentum. Ya Hoo!

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    January 16th was my last day of eating
    high carb and I was 128.8.

January 17th was my first day of starting
    higher fat, moderate protein, low carb & shangri-la.
    That day I was 127.4

Today, February 4th I'm 123.2

19 days, even if it's allllll water...

SOMETHING is working.

Julie
    Awesome results!
    What's your calorie intake been like since you started SLD?
    What was it prior to SLD?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    OOooh! An NDF sighting! Rock on!

Okay, you asked for it:

Before SLD and going back to low carb, I was trying to keep
    my calorie intake at 1200 because I THOUGHT my new maintenance
    was 1500 cuz I couldn't lose shit EATING 1500 a day, even with
    exercise.

It would vary between 1200 and 1450, but would mostly hover around
    1499. HAR!

Since starting vlc and oil shots since the 17th of January, my calories
    average out to 1632 per day (but of some days were super low and some were
    super high and some were normal).

So I know some of this loss is definitely water, and will probably take another
    ten days to really see if I'm losing on this many calories a day or what.

Time will tell!

Just weighed for the day and I'm up TWO WHOLE OUNCES. THE HORROR!

SNORT!

Julie

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone,

I started taking co shots last Friday ( twice a day). I went out and bought MCT oil on Monday and starting using that instead of co,I still cook with co. I weighed myself this morning and I am down to 137.8, which is a total weight loss of 4 pounds since last Wednesday! I have so much energy and I am feeling very satisfied when eating!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Very intriguing and interesting. I might give this a try if I feel my appetite going out of control again.
    One thing I don't understand is how could sugar dissolved in water be in any way satiating or act as an appetite suppressant?
    I can see the coconut or olive oils as such.
    Also, I only made it to pg. 6, so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

beckie is offline Member
    Not sure what has happened, but it appears that my weight loss has stalled and I'm looking for a few suggestions from some with experience using SLD. I've been weighing the same for ~10 days. I've also noticed that I am hungrier and that the appetite suppression effects of SLD have faded. Is this normal? Should I just wait it out? Do I need to change something?

My calorie intake ranges anywhere from 1100 to 1400, with a target of 1300. I eat low-carb with typically <50g carbs per day. Not really sure what to change.....

Thanks!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not sure what has happened, but it appears that my weight loss has stalled and I'm looking for a few suggestions from some with experience using SLD. I've been weighing the same for ~10 days. I've also noticed that I am hungrier and that the appetite suppression effects of SLD have faded. Is this normal? Should I just wait it out? Do I need to change something?
    This exact thing happened to me. I detail it a few pages back. Basically, what I did to bust through was 1. switch up the oil I was using from EVCO to ELOO, and 2. increase my calories by 200 a day. This made the AS kick in again, and I started losing again. My theory is that if you're hungry, it doesn't matter what you're doing, your body won't let go of fat. So you have to tweak until the AS kicks back in.

Big news: I finally busted into the 153 range (this morning was 153.6)! That was a looooooong plateau. I'm still sick as a dog--I thought I felt a little better this morning, so I suited up, popped some dayquil, and went into Crossfit, only to have to bail halfway through the warmup--but being officially un-stalled is a little ray of sunshine.