Page 57 of 175 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 57

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I'd be happy if I hit 150 and did nothing but recomp from there on out, without any scale change. I'm 5'6", so I think a muscular 150 is appropriate. But I do want to get to 150 (and a little part of me wants to get to 145, tbh!).
    Heatseeker:
    SOO happy to see someone else who is 5'6 and NOT trying to be 110 lbs! Even when young, I was 135 lbs and SKINNY. someone our height at 110 or even 120 seems like it would not be healthy...but I guess each body is different. I would not mind losing a few lbs and beingf 145 again. So far SLD has not produced weight loss for me, although I am eating 600-700 calories LESS and getting FULL so easily. and i mean truly FULL as in i cannot eat again for hours. that hasnt been the case in ....maybe never? i would always eat, then a short while later, want to eat again. so there have been some very positive changes, but not yet weight loss. i have only been going on for about 2.5 weeks, and i am loving not needing/wanting to eat much.
    just a note: i DO have an appetite, but i simply cannot eat the quantity i ate before. i used eat about 5 eggs,(and butter) 3 cups of wilted spinach and maybe some sauteed mushrooms, and coffee with cream and STILL eat more short while later - NOT anymore!! now i have to remind myself to only cook 2-3 eggs, and a small amout of greens, because i cant finish more than that, and i will be truly full for most of the day. YEAH!! Thanks for this post - it has finally made things so much better for me.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    HopelessDreamer, I know, I'm always confused by people who are my height and like 30-40lbs less weight. We must have SUCH different body types to make that possible! Plus, forget muscles, if I wanted to be 110lbs the first order of business would be a breast reduction, and that's like 20lbs right there.

I don't care what the scale says, when I get to the point where I don't have extra flab to pinch, I'll be happy. (Not that I'm not happy right now. I think in all this diet talk, we can often lose sight of the joy and gratitude we should have for our healthy, capable bodies. But just because I love how healthy and capable my body is doesn't mean there aren't some flaws I want to fix.)

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    My husband has decided to start this along with me... and I'm also trying the shot of oil first thing in the morning, and then waiting an hour for coffee &/or food.

Still waiting on the whooosh...

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'6" as well, and thanks to a small bone structure, 150 lbs (where I'm at right this minute) is about 20 lbs of excess fat (and believe me, it's not in my boobs!) My fat % on my Tanita scale is 32% or more - too much. So it's often about the bones. My wedding band is a size 4. I had a girlfriend whose wedding band was a size 9. We were the same height and the same weight ( about 135-140 back then - we're talking decades ago), and she was slim and flatbellied, I was pearshaped, soft and squishy.

We're all different.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Hi everyone!

So i have been reading up on this thread and on Friday decided I was going to give it a shot! I started taking a shot of CO in the morning and one in the afternoon. My first meal of the day is around noon and my last is about 5:00.I have not been hungry at all! I wasn't going to weigh myself until tomorrow, But I couldn't resist ( big weakness of mine ). Well since last Wednesday I am down 2.3 pounds.I love this and it is just so easy!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    I'm 5'6" as well, and thanks to a small bone structure, 150 lbs (where I'm at right this minute) is about 20 lbs of excess fat (and believe me, it's not in my boobs!) My fat % on my Tanita scale is 32% or more - too much. So it's often about the bones. My wedding band is a size 4. I had a girlfriend whose wedding band was a size 9. We were the same height and the same weight ( about 135-140 back then - we're talking decades ago), and she was slim and flatbellied, I was pearshaped, soft and squishy.

We're all different.
    It just amazes me. There's a girl who works at the Lululemon I frequent who's an inch or so taller than me, and TINY, like her actual bones and frame are itty-bitty. I bet I have 50 pounds on her. Sometimes I look at her, or at, like, pro basketball players, and I'm like, how are we the same species? Soooooo much variation in the way height/weight shakes out.

Well, last night was our big "challenge finale" party, where we got our results, got our "after" pics taken, and then pigged out on all the food we hadn't been allowed all month (they were all paleo treats, but we hadn't been allowed sugar of any kind, so it was a total chocolate-fest). I took it really easy and just had a little bit of everything. Even taking it easy, I woke up with the biggest sugar hangover! Ugh. I feel terrible. Back to no more sugar for me.

Khaleesi is offline Member
    That's awesome a chocolate fest haha. I am 5'6 too. I always looked smaller than I was. (back in the day) When I was 160 my hubby swore I was 140. Didn't mind. Can't wait to get down there again.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    very cool, how the bone structure makes so much difference! I dont have much boob to begin with, so the extra weight is not there!!
    Also, I seem to have lost a pound this morning, so it just took time to kick in. We'll see if it lasts.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Is it OK to just eat a shot of coconut oil without having it in liquid form? I don't own a microwave.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Damn all you 5'6-ers! I WANT TO BE 5'6!

Anyway, Tee, yes, you can take it solid as well, doesn't matter,
    just as long as you can't taste it and you can choke it down, go for it.

Julie