Page 55 of 175 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 55

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Has anyone tried using just regular olive oil?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Stephanie is offline Member
    I have a question. I suspect I may have some minor gallbladder issues (I get mild pain in the area a few times a week). Would the oils cause more problems if it is my gallbladder acting up?

sunnie123 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Has anyone tried using just regular olive oil?
    I noticed people earlier in the thread using regular olive oil. They said they just had to hold their noses since it has more flavor.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnie123 View Post
    I noticed people earlier in the thread using regular olive oil. They said they just had to hold their noses since it has more flavor.
    Thanks! I used some this morning,I didn't mind it at all. I have organic coconut oil but it solid and that seems a little disgusting to me.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    I've had a rather amazing day - for me, anyways. I skipped lunch! This NEVER happens, but today it was no problem - go figure! I had 3 slices of good bacon and 2 eggs for breakfast, plus black coffee. Then I took my son to town for grocery shopping, took him home, did some running around and next thing I know it's almost 1 p.m. and I still really want to run at the Y before going home (15 mins outside of town). What to do - I haven't eaten? So I took the grapes from the grocery bags in the trunk, ate about 15, then went for a good 2 mile run on the indoor track, followed by a half mile of sprints. Total about 30 minutes. Then a leisurely shower and steam room, and a trip to my local running store for new shoes. Another hour, fueled only by a few more grapes. Then, as soon as I came home (after 3:30 p.m.) I took my ELOO oilshot. Now it's been an hour more, almost 5 and still haven't had anything to eat - amazing!! I need to start to thinking about making supper, but I'm not desperate for anything at the moment.

Love this feeling!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Thanks! I used some this morning,I didn't mind it at all. I have organic coconut oil but it solid and that seems a little disgusting to me.
    I measure out a Tablespoon, put it into a shot glass or egg cup and nuke it for about 40s on high. I always test it before shooting it back and following with a glass of water. Be very careful not to overheat and burn yourself. /lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

I'm signing off on the Shangra-La Diet. Big thanks to all!

Big thanks to everyone on the Shangra-la discussion stream. I believe this to be an effective and wonderful tool for curbing appetite, usurping cravings, including alcoholic beverages. I will definitely use this tool again at some point in my life.

Now that I've started crossfit, I 'm switching over to LeanGains to give the body recomp programme a try. This includes increasing my protein intake substantially on work out and non work out days. So, taking oil to suppress my appetite is counter productive.

I've figured out my macros needed to gain muscle and I'll admit that the idea of eating all this food freaks me out, but I'm throwing caution to the wind in the pursuit of a stronger body. My coach last night commented on how I have a very strong physique but I really need to grow some muscle to hang on it :-) Should I panic and need to drop some pounds, I'll be coming back to the Shangra-la diet. BIG THANKS TO HEATSEEKER -- a fellow crossfitter -- may we someday meet at the World Games! Oooooo Raw! /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Good luck with Leangains! I had a lot of success with it as far as strength gains.

I will see you at the Games. (In oh, around 2017. Heh.)

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I measure out a Tablespoon, put it into a shot glass or egg cup and nuke it for about 40s on high. I always test it before shooting it back and following with a glass of water. Be very careful not to overheat and burn yourself. /lu
    Thanks! Good luck with LeanGains

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Good luck with Leangains! I had a lot of success with it as far as strength gains.

I will see you at the Games. (In oh, around 2017. Heh.)
    The gauntlet is down!
    F, 48, 5'10"