Page 53 of 175 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 53

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    OK, I'm committing to daily oilshots for the month of Feb. I've been playing mindgames with myself and not doing it. Time to buckle down. I've got a push on for Feb - 29 days and a significant weight loss and exercise goal. I'll post daily reports on my thread, but continue to visit here, too. It's inspiring to see how well SLD is doing for you guys. I know that it works - it worked so well for me. I just have to get back to it.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida aka "Oh Woe is Me": What are your measurements? Can you send a few days worth of what you are eating so we can take a look? We all hit plateau's but your resigned attitude is concerning. /Lu
    I am not plateauing, I am gaining ever since I stopped counting and starving in what, November?

As for foods I am eating, I eat food, most of it paleo and a bit of junk and empty. I am done with trying to find a miraculous way of eating that will keep me both happy and "not fat". It doesn't exist, my body simply wants more fat, and always did. Even at 120 lbs I am still plump, and not being plump (I can only guess it would be ~ 100-110 lbs range) involves the completely unsustainable lifestyle. I kept my weight artificially down through limiting intakes and variety. Now I try to eat when I am hungry, really hungry, not trying to fill a void of some other emotion, and learning to stop when I am full - and I finally actually get full. I also try hard to pick the healthiest food from the type that my body asks for, because I know it will lash out if I try to substitute what I think is better for what it needs and I will just go on eating the 'right' choices but feeling unsatisfied because my body needs a banana, not meat.

Despite the fat belly in the mirror, that's the first time in years that I feel better about myself. Not yet to the point of sincerely believing that I am beautiful, but at least not equating being fat as being bad and stopping the mentality of the criminal eating. And I want freedom from numbers and oversight. I have counted and tracked calories, minutes of exercise, hours between meals, servings of fruit, laps swam, pieces of gum per day, total and net carbs, fats, proteins, fibre, weights lifted, body fat%, inches at 5 different places on my body, sizes, and gods only know what else. I have had tried many WOE that required complex eliminations and thinking about eating all the time. No more. Done.

Oil shots are great for me, and I will keep doing it along with working on stopping eating when I am full. I enjoy not thinking about food once I am full. I will do what I find fun in the gym and out doors, and my body will respond however it wishes. It is hard to get there, and a lot of my mind resist the effort, but if I don't do it, if I don't learn to be content with what my body can do, I will just continue to be miserable and for no good reason. There are better things than working 24/7 on being 'not fat'.
    Last edited by Leida; 02-01-2013 at 07:10 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Tee
    Tee is offline Senior Member
    Pardon my ignorance but what is ELOO?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    extra-light olive oil. Along with the version oil, they sell basically tasteless olive oil. I actually use just light one, and case with water. I find it only has the aftertaste, so don't need to plug my nose, and water is just fine.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    OK, I'm committing to daily oilshots for the month of Feb. I've been playing mindgames with myself and not doing it. Time to buckle down. I've got a push on for Feb - 29 days and a significant weight loss and exercise goal. I'll post daily reports on my thread, but continue to visit here, too. It's inspiring to see how well SLD is doing for you guys. I know that it works - it worked so well for me. I just have to get back to it.
    So, could I consume 2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil instead of eloo?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    So, could I consume 2 tbsp. of organic coconut oil instead of eloo?
    i started with CO oil but feel i'm getting better results with ELOO. /lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    I am not plateauing, I am gaining ever since I stopped counting and starving in what, November?

As for foods I am eating, I eat food, most of it paleo and a bit of junk and empty. I am done with trying to find a miraculous way of eating that will keep me both happy and "not fat". It doesn't exist, my body simply wants more fat, and always did. Even at 120 lbs I am still plump, and not being plump (I can only guess it would be ~ 100-110 lbs range) involves the completely unsustainable lifestyle. I kept my weight artificially down through limiting intakes and variety. Now I try to eat when I am hungry, really hungry, not trying to fill a void of some other emotion, and learning to stop when I am full - and I finally actually get full. I also try hard to pick the healthiest food from the type that my body asks for, because I know it will lash out if I try to substitute what I think is better for what it needs and I will just go on eating the 'right' choices but feeling unsatisfied because my body needs a banana, not meat.

Despite the fat belly in the mirror, that's the first time in years that I feel better about myself. Not yet to the point of sincerely believing that I am beautiful, but at least not equating being fat as being bad and stopping the mentality of the criminal eating. And I want freedom from numbers and oversight. I have counted and tracked calories, minutes of exercise, hours between meals, servings of fruit, laps swam, pieces of gum per day, total and net carbs, fats, proteins, fibre, weights lifted, body fat%, inches at 5 different places on my body, sizes, and gods only know what else. I have had tried many WOE that required complex eliminations and thinking about eating all the time. No more. Done.

Oil shots are great for me, and I will keep doing it along with working on stopping eating when I am full. I enjoy not thinking about food once I am full. I will do what I find fun in the gym and out doors, and my body will respond however it wishes. It is hard to get there, and a lot of my mind resist the effort, but if I don't do it, if I don't learn to be content with what my body can do, I will just continue to be miserable and for no good reason. There are better things than working 24/7 on being 'not fat'.
    all the best to you. /lu
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

lala70 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    i started with CO oil but feel i'm getting better results with ELOO. /lu
    Are you getting good results? When did you start?

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Quote Originally Posted by lala70 View Post
    Are you getting good results? When did you start?
    I feel as though I'm getting good results, however, I'm not counting "weigh loss" as one of the positive results due to the fact that I'm crossfitting 3x per week and gaining muscle while my body recomps. The benefits for me are as follows:
    1. NO CRAVINGS for wheat, sugar, snacks and alcohol. This has stabilizied my daily intake at 1200 calories of food + 200-300 calories from ELOO. Total 1400-1500 calories per day. This is a daily deficit for me of 700 calories.

2. I eat 2 meals per day with a bullet coffee for breakfast. I increase carbs slightly on my 'lifting' days by adding 1/2 sweet potato.

3. The stubborn belly fat is FINALLY dropping off. I lost 1/2" off my waist this week and 1" off my belly (measured across my belly).

4. If hubster and I go out for dinner, I'll take my oil a few hours before dinner, which guarantees that I won't overeat at the restaurant.

Those are the advantages for me personally. My sense is that if I wasn't crossfitting, I'd be dropping weight like crazy. I'm more concerned about recomping the body, even if that means gaining weight, and losing inches.

Those are my personal thoughts/experience to date. I'm on Day 15 or so of doing oil.

/lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

beckie is offline Member
    Hi All -- just a weekly check-in to let you know how I'm doing. Guess I've reached a mini-plateau. I've weighed 135.1 all week, but I guess it's better than gaining. My clothes are fitting better, so that's something at least.

@Leida - It looks like from one of your previous posts that we may be similar. I'm 5'6.5", 43, with an extremely small frame. The ideal weight for me is probably 120-125. After my first kiddo, I weighed 117 for years. 3 more kiddos and lots of travelling for work caused me to pack on the pounds (high point 157lbs). I'm finally making progress, but it has been painfully slow.