Page 52 of 175 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 52

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm sensing that I will begin to drop weight on the ELOO, however, I'm adding muscle through crossfit.
    That was me this month, back at Crossfit after a 2-week winter break--a steady hover around 155, yet I dropped a clothing size. You're recomping bigtime. I bet if you did a bodpod measurement before and after this month, your BF% would be way lower.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    That was me this month, back at Crossfit after a 2-week winter break--a steady hover around 155, yet I dropped a clothing size. You're recomping bigtime. I bet if you did a bodpod measurement before and after this month, your BF% would be way lower.
    You are probably right. I'm going to put less weight in the scale and continue with my measurements. My fear is ending up back in a size 12 women's clothing -- I'm never going back there again.

By the way, I just registered for the 2013 CrossFit Games. Are you registering? /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

You mean for the regional workouts coming up? We all have to register at my box. I didn't know registration was open yet, though--gotta do that.

I'm a little scared of the workouts. Sometimes they throw one of the previous years' Regionals workouts into our schedule, and it's always ridiculously hard. I did one that was 5 rounds of 10 deadlifts, 10 burpees, and it nearly killed me. Especially because I tried to do it Rx. The women's Rx was 185 on the DL, and I was feeling hot because I'd PR'd at 210 the previous week, so I was like, hell yeah, I can do this. Did the first set, did my burpees, stepped up to the bar for the second set... could not budge it an inch. Being able to do one set of something is not the same as being able to do five sets of something, haha.

You mean for the regional workouts coming up? We all have to register at my box. I didn't know registration was open yet, though--gotta do that.

I'm a little scared of the workouts. Sometimes they throw one of the previous years' Regionals workouts into our schedule, and it's always ridiculously hard. I did one that was 5 rounds of 10 deadlifts, 10 burpees, and it nearly killed me. Especially because I tried to do it Rx. The women's Rx was 185 on the DL, and I was feeling hot because I'd PR'd at 210 the previous week, so I was like, hell yeah, I can do this. Did the first set, did my burpees, stepped up to the bar for the second set... could not budge it an inch. Being able to do one set of something is not the same as being able to do five sets of something, haha.
    Well good for you. I only started this a month ago, so I'm just there to participate and to have fun. I'd like to be more serious about competing next year. Should be fun to support our Box and some of the great athletes there/lu
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Oh lord, I in NO WAY meant to imply seriousness about competing. Haha. No. Hell no. Not only am I still not able to even DO some of the movements (toes to bar, you damn dirty bastards), I'm not sure if I'll ever want to compete. I recently attended the Fittest Games, where some friends of mine were competing, and it honestly looks really stressful and not fun to me. But I don't know. Maybe I'll feel differently in a year.

I'm aiming for somewhere around 1500th in the regional Open. Setting my sights on something reeeeaaaaaal reasonable.

Oh lord, I in NO WAY meant to imply seriousness about competing. Haha. No. Hell no. Not only am I still not able to even DO some of the movements (toes to bar, you damn dirty bastards), I'm not sure if I'll ever want to compete. I recently attended the Fittest Games, where some friends of mine were competing, and it honestly looks really stressful and not fun to me. But I don't know. Maybe I'll feel differently in a year.

I'm aiming for somewhere around 1500th in the regional Open. Setting my sights on something reeeeaaaaaal reasonable.
    1500th in the Regionals would be amazing! I figure I'll be dead last in the World's --- but there's only one way to go and that's up. I had a good chat with my coach tonight on nutrition. I told him I'm eating 1200-1500 calories per day and I feel good and my workouts are good. He suggested I don't change a thing. He said if I hit a stall in my lifts, then consider upping the calories. He also said that I'll lose the tummy/belly/love handles and get larger in the arms, shoulders and chest --- I'm down with that! I'm going to not worry at all about my weight anymore. At 5'10" -- It may be possible that I'll gain muscle and end up around 160 or 165. So long as I'm wearing a size 6-8, I'm good with that. Just back from my class tonight and I'm beat beat tired. Off to bed with me! /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

I told him I'm eating 1200-1500 calories per day and I feel good and my workouts are good. He suggested I don't change a thing. He said if I hit a stall in my lifts, then consider upping the calories.
    Your coach is awesome! My coaches are always telling us to eat more. Guess what, guys, I would love to, but I'd also love to look like I do Crossfit!

Your coach is awesome! My coaches are always telling us to eat more. Guess what, guys, I would love to, but I'd also love to look like I do Crossfit!
    Heatseeker: I don't buy into the whole "eat more" phrase. It's an industry catch all and it's a little more complicated than that. I'm not new to athletics and I try to listen very carefully to my body. I IF each day with an 18/6. I start the day with 2 bullet coffees, always have a small salad with 3-4 ozs of grilled chicken and my dinner is meat and 3 vegs. I eat the same thing day in and day out. I don't get bored of it. Thanks to you, this oil thing has really curbed my desire for snacking on nuts or berries or yogurt and even wine. I take my supplements and I take 10grams of Branched Amino Chain 20min before my workout and another 10grams post workout. Those amino chains are amazing and I recovery so much faster from each workout. I had a hard workout Tuesday night and performed really well again tonight (2 nights later). I turn 49 years old next month, so I'm not exactly young. I finish every workout. Anyway, I'm keeping life simple and this plan seems to be working fine for me for now. I'll adjust as I go. /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to check in. 10 days in to my second SLD diet attempt. Down 3.6 lbs. I saw 136.0 on the scale this morning for the first time in a long time. This is where the real test begins in my opinion... less than 137 is getting into "unchartered" waters for me We will see!

Quote Originally Posted by lorichka6 View Post
    Just wanted to check in. 10 days in to my second SLD diet attempt. Down 3.6 lbs. I saw 136.0 on the scale this morning for the first time in a long time. This is where the real test begins in my opinion... less than 137 is getting into "unchartered" waters for me We will see!
    Boom! Great news and what a way to bring in February! I'm down in measurements around my tummy/waist but am sure that's due to my new crossfit programme. I seem to be hanging at the same weight, or even gaining slightly but am hoping that's muscle. I don't weigh in again until Monday so, we shall see. Have a great day! /lu
    F, 48, 5'10"