Page 51 of 175 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 51

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, I guess my hopes that I will start losing weight are dashed. mid-week check showed that I am 2 lbs up, actually, pushing 132 lbs. Oh, well. What can i say? I like feeling full. I guess my progress towards that overweight line continues smoothly.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    I've found another use for the SLD effortless appetite suppression - fasting. I recently decided to start adding in 1 or 2 fasting days per week, and it has been pretty darn easy using my refined CO. I fasted from Sunday night to Tuesday night and only took a total of 5 tablespoons of oil during that time. There was some initial hunger at times, but a dose of oil squashed it pretty quickly. I've got some other issues going on besides just needing to drop a few pounds, so I need something a little bit more hardcore to address them and see any movement on the scale.

Another thing that I've found is that when it comes time to eat dinner, I can still eat large amounts of food without getting the, "Oh my god I'm full" feeling. Dinner's always been my biggest meal of the day, and while I can get through the daytime on smaller amounts of food that don't really need to be that tasty, I look for dinner to be big and satiating. So while I can go almost the whole day w/out really feeling that hungry, and I might not even feel all that hungry when I sit down to dinner, when I start eating, I can still easily put away a lot. However, if I start off with a smaller portion, I find that I'm satisfied when I finished it. If there's more food, I will keep eating though. So the trick for me is just to put less on my plate in the evening. And don't drink! I will go back for seconds and thirds if I've had an adult beverage or 2!

NDF
    NDF is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Well, I guess my hopes that I will start losing weight are dashed. mid-week check showed that I am 2 lbs up, actually, pushing 132 lbs. Oh, well. What can i say? I like feeling full. I guess my progress towards that overweight line continues smoothly.
    Leida, aren't you 5'6"? If you are, at 132lbs you're no where near overweight...

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Are you tracking your food? Maybe we can take a look at your daily intake and shed some light.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I found this thread interesting. Explains a bit about how it takes much longer for people already close to their ideal weight to start losing.

It can take as long as four to six weeks to start working.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Leida, aren't you 5'6"? If you are, at 132lbs you're no where near overweight...
    Yeah, I am 169 cm, which is 5'6 and 1/2", and 130+ looks bad on me with my built. Since I am gaining so steadily - 0.5 to 2 lbs a week, the exact reverse of a healthy weight loss, lol- I will be back at the 150-160 overweight mark before the year is out. I don't like the way I look, and I will look even more matronly once I am back there, but there is nothing for it. I have accepted that. I have eaten like a saint and worked out like a martyr for 3 years to lose the weight and stay around 120 lbs, and it made me neither happier nor that much prettier. Sleeping, not eliminating foods, not counting, not jeopardizing my work performance, eating sweet flavors, not being depressed, not starving 24/7 and not binging is more positive than not being overweight. So, yeah, welcome the fat, we women need it, and all that. Miracles ain't happening for me and I can't starve no more. Hopefully, in another few weeks I will give up on the scale all together, and will just swap clothes as needed and not give it another thought. Just need to get a couple of good swimsuits size 16 or so, since I am out of my stock xpt for one last one. Thankfully, there is no shortage of large sizes in this part of the world.

I think I fought a good fight, but inevitable is inevitable. I dieted since age 12, I am almost 38 now, people go to jail for murder for less time.
    Last edited by Leida; 01-31-2013 at 05:18 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Yeah, I am 169 cm, which is 5'6 and 1/2", and 130+ looks bad on me with my built. Since I am gaining so steadily - 0.5 to 2 lbs a week, the exact reverse of a healthy weight loss, lol- I will be back at the 150-160 overweight mark before the year is out. I don't like the way I look, and I will look even more matronly once I am back there, but there is nothing for it. I have accepted that. I have eaten like a saint and worked out like a martyr for 3 years to lose the weight and stay around 120 lbs, and it made me neither happier nor that much prettier. Sleeping, not eliminating foods, not counting, not jeopardizing my work performance, eating sweet flavors, not being depressed, not starving 24/7 and not binging is more positive than not being overweight. So, yeah, welcome the fat, we women need it, and all that. Miracles ain't happening for me and I can't starve no more. Hopefully, in another few weeks I will give up on the scale all together, and will just swap clothes as needed and not give it another thought. Just need to get a couple of good swimsuits size 16 or so, since I am out of my stock xpt for one last one. Thankfully, there is no shortage of large sizes in this part of the world.

I think I fought a good fight, but inevitable is inevitable. I dieted since age 12, I am almost 38 now, people go to jail for murder for less time.
    Leida aka "Oh Woe is Me": What are your measurements? Can you send a few days worth of what you are eating so we can take a look? We all hit plateau's but your resigned attitude is concerning. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Leida,
    I'm sorry this is happening for you. I know this is a frustrating path that can feel hopeless at times. I hope that in letting go of the stress of trying to lose perhaps it will happen on its own. I read a great book The Gabriel Method that was all about this. I would really recommend it.

Okay then, I'm off to follow my own advice....

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Another question: is the SLD achieving the appetite suppression for you? If you're taking the oil, but you're still hungry, it's not gonna work.

This is why I increased my calories this week by 200/day; the EVCO stopped eliminating hunger for me, and I was feeling hungry a lot, and just maintaining rather than losing. I switched to ELOO and increased my food intake a bit, and boom, it's working like clockwork again. Pretty much never hungry, and I'm losing a half pound a day.

Down to 154.2 this morning (from 157 last Friday). 154.0 was my lowest, three weeks ago. If I can bust into 153, I will shit a brick. A joy brick.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    Another question: is the SLD achieving the appetite suppression for you? If you're taking the oil, but you're still hungry, it's not gonna work.

This is why I increased my calories this week by 200/day; the EVCO stopped eliminating hunger for me, and I was feeling hungry a lot, and just maintaining rather than losing. I switched to ELOO and increased my food intake a bit, and boom, it's working like clockwork again. Pretty much never hungry, and I'm losing a half pound a day.

Down to 154.2 this morning (from 157 last Friday). 154.0 was my lowest, three weeks ago. If I can bust into 153, I will shit a brick. A joy brick.
    Shitting 'joy bricks' is the new Olympic sport! I switched from CO to ELOO two days ago and I'm sensing a difference. I've lost 1/2" off my waist in the last few days and I feel my tummy has slimmed down. Appetite suppression is working well with the ELOO and I'm not even tempted to snack AND the big bonus is that I have less desire for alcohol. I'm upping CrossFit to 3 x per week and my body is recovering faster (it seems to me). I'm not sore for days on end, but I've also started taking 10grams of Branched Chain Amino Acids pre and post workout. I've decided to keep on with 1/2 sweet potato on workout days. What's interesting to me is the fact that my weight is solid 155lbs day in and day out....it never fluctuates like it used to. I'm sensing that I will begin to drop weight on the ELOO, however, I'm adding muscle through crossfit. Interesting times, indeed! /Lu
    Last edited by Louisa655; 01-31-2013 at 10:37 AM. Reason: 1/2 inch
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.