Page 50 of 175 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 50

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Purple, that's what I've been doing - 6:30am I do the refined coconut oil (zero flavor) and then
    at 2pm I do olive oil.... if in the event that I need another later, I'll do the olive oil again as
    the coconut kinda acts like crack for me.

Not Good At Night.

I've been trying this Shangri - La la la, since January 17th and was going to report my
    findings today, but LadyTime is in the wings (cd28today) and that'll skew stuff, so, darnit,
    I'm going to have to wait until Monday I guess when whatever water bloat is going to hit
    me and then buggers off.

Ho hum.

In other news, the satiation power of this oil nonsense *is* pretty interesting.

I'm having the book delivered to my library.... should be getting it soon.

Thanks Heatseeker for the heads up!

Julie

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by serenity View Post

That is exactly how I feel, especially when I read those Friday success stories. It is soooo unfair!
    We can totally be friends now

Quote Originally Posted by Zena View Post
    I am day 12 of this protocol and I just want to say THANKS!!
    I cannot believe what this has done for me!
    I have stopped all night bingeing
    I am full on less food
    I don't worry, stress or think of food that much
    and the really great part? I am down 9.1 pounds and it seemed effortless.
    I'm so glad this is working for you so nicely!

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I have noticed a higher appetite suppression with the ELOO than the coconut oil. I've been doing ELOO the past three days and it's made a definite difference in how hungry I am. I think the coconut oil worked for me for a while (about six weeks), and then stopped working for whatever reason.

No conclusions to be drawn, just food for thought...

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member

Shangrala results - Day 12

Oil Shangrala_Jan29.doc

I'm attaching my full file with days on Shangrala, macros, food and types of oils used. No weight loss to date. If anyone identifies anything in my chart that stands out, please let me know. I'm switching to ELOO tomorrow and I'll carry on for another few weeks to see what happens.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Khaleesi is offline Member
    Hi! I am new to posting here, but have been hanging around here reading stuff since the earliest beginnings. Just read this whole thread, and it was good getting to know all of you through your posts. I am a low carber who gained a significant amount of weight when I injured my knee and couldn't work out for 2 years. Suspected thyroid issues, and peri meno coming around the bend. I dealt with the knee injury through various natural methods and am back on my treadmill going at it real slow. I started back into intermittent fasting 2 weeks ago. That's 1 meal a day that is quite low carb and no snacking. I can feel some body comp shifting and am anxious to see some real results. Took 2 tbsp of refined organic coconut oil today while enjoying this thread and I am so amazed. I have zero appetite. The evenings are the worst, I get snacky and am always going to bed hungry. Hoping for some nice results. Looking forward to following your progress as well. Can't wait to get to the 140 to 150 mark like you all are. wow. It's been awhile for me. Then you can all educate me on cross fit mmkay?

I'm a Canadian too, and its mighty cold here in Saskatchewan this week. Brrrrrrrrr
    Last edited by Khaleesi; 01-29-2013 at 07:49 PM.

saady is offline Junior Member
    What a thread...
    I will start this - my weight has been inching up from 175 to 193 in the past 6 months..

Welcome, guys! I hope you experience the success I and others have.

I've lost a half pound each the last couple days, so hopefully I'm starting to break through this mini-plateau I've had for the past few weeks. We'll see tomorrow. My appetite suppression is way better on the ELOO; last night I could barely stuff down a sweet potato for dinner.

I also upped my food calories to 1200; I think with the increased workouts my body was really not getting enough and that's why I was hungry. So now a typical day is 1200 food calories, 1500 total calories (including oil). The past 2-3 days with ELOO and extra calories have really clicked and I feel no hunger now.

Zena is offline Junior Member
    Heatseeker I wonder why the eloo seems to work better?? Also just for fun I cheked my macros calories etc and holy chit batman!I am eating way more than I would have thought but still losing between a half to a pound and a half each day! It's wonderful to not feel hungry and be obsessed with food!!

Zena, it's not that the EVCO didn't work, it's that it seemed to stop working as well for me recently. Switching to ELOO ramped up the appetite suppression again. So, maybe your body gets used to one type of oil, and you have to switch it up occasionally to kickstart the effect. Maybe. That's my TOTALLY unscientific guess.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Zena View Post
    Heatseeker I wonder why the eloo seems to work better?? Also just for fun I cheked my macros calories etc and holy chit batman!I am eating way more than I would have thought but still losing between a half to a pound and a half each day! It's wonderful to not feel hungry and be obsessed with food!!
    That had been my experience too! I regained but seem to be dropping again. Time will tell. I have found it odd though that I'm eating more that I used to but feeling like I'm eating less.