Page 45 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 45

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My clothes have safely been getting looser since starting Crossfit in the summer, even though the scale went up by 10lb in my first two months. Don't sweat the scale TOO much. But yeah, it's definitely a lot easier for me to lose weight when I'm not on 5x/wk crossfit.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    That's great news, Leida. I know you love your fruit and being able to have it without that ensuing spiral is pretty big in itself! I consider that alone strong evidence for the effectiveness of the oil. I hope it continues for you.
    Thank you I am sooooo happy I can eat fruit with no dire consequences. Apparently just eating fat is not a solution to metabolic problems. It is timing the fat and separating it from the other foods.

I know folks that coconut oil has plenty going for it, but for what it's worth, I think I only started seeing results after switching to the light olive oil (not even extra-light).

I did a control jump on the scale yesterday, and I am holding the 129-130 lbs range that I was in since Christmas, without counting and limiting anything. I don't remember last time I could have an orange and hot chocolate for lunch without paying for it dearly or going to swim laps and then x-country skiing (in the mountains, woot!) and missing lunch without giving it a second thought. I did not touch eggs till I actually wanted an egg! All and all, I am finally getting back to the normal person I once was, who doesn't have to worry about what and when to eat. Don't even feel like a criminal for taking a piece of candy.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

beckie is offline Member
    It's been about a week since I checked in and thought I'd give everyone an update. I slacked off a bit for 4-5 days but it didn't seem to hurt me terribly bad.

Starting Weight: 1/9 -- 142.1 lbs
    Current Weight: 1/25 -- 135.9 lbs

THANK YOU for sharing this heatseeker! While it is not a huge difference, I have not seen this weight in years and I'm finally feeling like I'm making some progress.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Holy molly, Beckie, 6 lbs is a huge difference in less than 3 weeks in this weight range interval. F'ing impressive!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beckie View Post
    It's been about a week since I checked in and thought I'd give everyone an update. I slacked off a bit for 4-5 days but it didn't seem to hurt me terribly bad.

Starting Weight: 1/9 -- 142.1 lbs
    Current Weight: 1/25 -- 135.9 lbs

THANK YOU for sharing this heatseeker! While it is not a huge difference, I have not seen this weight in years and I'm finally feeling like I'm making some progress.
    Those are fantastic results. That weight loss in 14 days and 1/3 of that time you 'slacked off'? Great, great results.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    That's amazing, beckie!!

beckie is offline Member
    Thanks! Hopefully I won't sobotage myself over the weekend (which is typically the case). I've developed a strong liking for Shocktop Honey Crisp Apple (I've got to get those things out of the house!)

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    I have been doing this a few days now, and will see how it works! I do notice a difference in satiety. No more pre-dinner munchies. I have been doing a combo of virgin CO (nose holding), and refined CO that I melt into a shot glass and knock it back.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Question for people who have read the book--do you know if it's a big deal if you don't take the oil for a day or two?

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    I have been bracing myself psychologically all day to ingest a spoonful of coconut oil. I just can't do it. I really want to but I can't. Can I dilute it in water or something?