Page 44 of 175 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 44

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Ya, I think coconut oil is the only safe oil. I just haven't seen any refined in my stores. I'd have to order it. I used unrefined and plugged my nose... worked pretty well. Maybe I will try it again.
    Don't forget to try the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC (if you have either of those where you are).

I got some Jarrow brand refined there (vitamin shoppe) and not only was it cheaper than
    stupid Whole Foods, but it was COMPLETELY flavorless.

Julie

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    And a 4:1 omega-6 to omega-3 ratio. Some say that's the optimal level for health, but if you can go even lower, I'd still think you could achieve some benefits from that. Also, it's enough omegas to give me pause about keeping it long term because of rancid it's issues.

I agree with you on using it occasionally for salad dressings and sauces being perfectly fine, but I wouldn't go using it as a "nutritional supplement" almost every day.
    Yeah.
    I store it chilled to keep it from turning.
    The first bottle I got I didn't and it turned rancid in a pretty short time for what you'd think an oil would be safe to keep.
    A couple of months.

I use walnut for dressing and pestos... cold process only... or maybe a warm dressing in a pan.
    Nothing where it would actually get cooking hot. Not willing to go there with it.
    I don't think it's stable enough.

Delicious though.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Hmm, seem like I have been doing this diet without even knowing about it! I take a spoonful of tasteless codfish oil at Noon and my first meal of the day a couple of hours later I usually eat 100 gram of fresh, almost tasteless low fat cheese and some bland raw broccoli. Hey, I am also doing the Shangri-La diet, that's pretty cool...

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    Don't forget to try the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC (if you have either of those where you are).

I got some Jarrow brand refined there (vitamin shoppe) and not only was it cheaper than
    stupid Whole Foods, but it was COMPLETELY flavorless.

Julie
    Thank you, Julie!!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RaeVynn View Post
    I'm using MCT oil, and I've only done this two days so far. Taking it in the evening, after a little more than an hour after dinner.
    Good for you! I tried it and had major major stomach pain!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    -3 lbs today. Hmmmm. Not weighing again until Monday (4 days), so will post my chart again Monday pm. Had a potato last night with my dinner and slept like the dead. Went to bed at 7pm (exhausting day at work), and awoke at 6am feeling energetic and happy. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Good for you! I tried it and had major major stomach pain!
    I take 1 Tbsp of MCT oil daily and feel loaded with energy. I'm not taking it as an evening supplement as some on the forum have mentioned being too 'wired' to sleep.
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I went down another pound! I'm now at a weight I haven't broken in over a year and haven't stayed at/or below in several years. Anything below this and I'll officially say this is working for me.

I've been getting tired much earlier in the evening lately. I don't know if it is related to the SLD but it is a welcome change. I have always slept well, but had a hard time feeling like going to bed before 10-11. Now, I often feel like dosing off as early as 8:30-9:30. By 10 I'm feeling like I'm really staying up all night.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing an annoying hover around 155 all week, +/- 2lbs. Damn you, Crossfit*! My workouts are really getting in the way of weight loss. I can tell there's some recomp going on, though, because I keep looking slimmer and slimmer. Hopefully the scale will start moving again soon.

*I take it back, Crossfit, you are the reason I get up in the morning and I love you like a crackhead loves her crack.

Quote Originally Posted by heatseeker View Post
    I've been doing an annoying hover around 155 all week, +/- 2lbs. Damn you, Crossfit*! My workouts are really getting in the way of weight loss. I can tell there's some recomp going on, though, because I keep looking slimmer and slimmer. Hopefully the scale will start moving again soon.

*I take it back, Crossfit, you are the reason I get up in the morning and I love you like a crackhead loves her crack.
    Hmmm, I suspect crossfit is my problem, too -- although I know what you mean about it being addictive -- I love it! But my weight has started increasing since going to class. I know I'm gaining muscle, but I really don't want to end up back in my 'big girl clothes'.
    F, 48, 5'10"