Hi, everyone: I've been taking oil now for the past 4 or 5 days -- giving this a try. Here are some of my observations/thoughts/feelings about myself, to date. I am a 48 yr old female, 5'10 & 3/4", currently at 155lbs but prefer to be around 145lbs. I started paleo 6 months ago and lost 11" moved from 161lbs to 145 (now up to 155lbs).
1. I came off a bad flu virus prior to starting the oil protocol, so not sure if my body is behaving 'normally' or not.
2. Since I don't have any challenges with eating, per se, I'm not sure the oil protocol is suitable for me. I do have about 5-7lbs to lose in order to be ideal, but most think I'm pretty ideal right now. I normally eat around 1200 calories a day, max. Ingesting the oil 2 x per day is literally reducing my appetite to nothing, which is likely not a good thing for me. As you can see from my chart, some days are around 1400calories, but other days are around 900 or even less (not really healthy).
3. Since beginning the Oil protocol, I have not exercised (workload and school = no time right now). I hope to do my next crossfit class on Saturday.
4. It's my observation that I have Z-E-R-O cravings for ANY foods, thus you'll notice there's not even a single nut as a snack item. I'm literally not even thinking about food.
5. I've been using Walnut Oil (which I keep at work), but use cold pressed coconut oil when at home. I don't care for the taste of the Walnut oil, but I find the Coconut oil palatable.
6. I tend not to finish any meals I start (again, the appetite suppression is definitely a factor here), and I can certainly see the benefit of this protocol if you have more than 10-20 lbs to lose. With the low calories, my body maybe screaming and trying to hold onto the fat.
7. Observation this morning is that my belly fat (and side handles), seem to feel 'looser' today, which generally precipitates a drop in the near future.
8. If I were doing crossfit this week, I'm sure that I would be eating more, because a class always creates a healthy appetite.
9. I am getting 9 hours of sleep per night, and have very little stress (other than my studies).
10. I am taking Otzi's suggestion of decreasing my fat% and increasing slightly my carbs by eating 1 potato per day, and slightly more on workout days. (No workout days yet.).
For those seeking the bottom line without opening the attachment below: No weight Loss: No Inches lost: No cravings and no snacking -- not even thinking about food. I'll post another follow up in the next 4-5 days and we'll see where things are at. Comments welcomed / Lu
Paleo Challenge _Oil Shangrala_Chart.doc
F, 48, 5'10"
Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)
Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.