Page 38 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 38

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I am wondering what time everyone is taking the oil? For me since night time munchies are my nemethis I need that period curbed but am fine through the day so I take a single dose of 1 T in the afternoon, eat a snack an hour later then my regular dinner and it has completely eliminated the urge to eat in the evenings so far. Now I was thinking it was a fluke but yesterday I ate at 2:30 because we were heading out of town for the evening and I never got hungry all night, came home and was in bed asleep by midnight without ever feeling the 'Need to Feed', woke up feeling great and still not hungry!

I would love to hear others dosing schedules and results with it??

edit: thought I would add that I started on a low dose with the idea that I can increase when and if necessary

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    I'm not loosing any weight and I've been waking up hungry. Afternoon oil seems to suppress my appetite for dinner, which I'm not so sure is a good thing because then I get hungry after dinner. I've been taking the oil for 2 weeks you'd think that would be long enough to seem sort of change in either weight or appetite.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I take the first tbsp between 4 and 6 am, depending on the day's schedule before breakfast. The second - about 10 am. I started with also having a 3rd tbsp after lunch, about 2 pm. I abandoned it, but I may have to go back to it, because dinner hunger is such a big problem for me. Even though at my weight I should be okay with 2 tbsp.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I'm not loosing any weight and I've been waking up hungry. Afternoon oil seems to suppress my appetite for dinner, which I'm not so sure is a good thing because then I get hungry after dinner. I've been taking the oil for 2 weeks you'd think that would be long enough to seem sort of change in either weight or appetite.
    IIRC 7 weeks was the longest it took for an example in the book to feel the difference. The other things he suggests in the books are bland or strangely spiced foods (make crazy, random mixes of spices) or buying ethnic meals. Trading oils (like walnut instead of el olive oil) or even trying sugar water.

The rest are all fairly common strategies, everyone have heard million times, water, soups, slow eating etc.
    Last edited by Leida; 01-18-2013 at 11:20 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I've started today, and am tracking certain data via table which I will post every week or so. The table tracks my calories, macros, weight, 3 measurements (2x waist & hips), dietary intake, and the type of oil I take.

I am female, 48yrs, 5-10" & sitting at 154lbs. I would like to be around 145lbs, which I was prior to Christmas. :-( Since starting Crossfit, I've been eating like a deamon, and I have put on weight, mostly around my belly.

I've been ingesting MCT oil for months every morning and haven't had any ill effects, so will continue with that. Here is the basic layout of my plan:

Breakfast: 7am: Bullet Coffee x 2 (with 35% cream)
    MCT Oil: 1 TBSP @ 9am (one hour after Bullet Coffee)
    Lunch: 12Noon: 4ozs chicken breast on mixed green salad (I have the same every day)
    Walnut Oil: 1 TBSP @ 1:30pm (Not taking MCT because others on the forum have indicated not sleeping well with MCT)
    Dinner: 1 potato (thanks to Otzi), 4-6 ozs lean meat + 3 assorted cooked veggies.

***** The above portions equal about 1200 calories per day for my non workout days. On my crossfit, lifting days, I will increase potatoes and protein to approx 1 lb of each + veggies. I cross fit 2-3 days per week.

Habitually, I have never been a snacker, so the emotional challenges of snacking don't exist for me. My goal is to lose about 6 lbs of fat, and to gain muscle through lifting. The ultimate goal is to get fit with a firm body.

I'll check in every day or two with results. Great sharing information on this forum -- I've learned so much from each of you.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Breakfast: 7am: Bullet Coffee x 2 (with 35% cream)
    MCT Oil: 1 TBSP @ 9am (one hour after Bullet Coffee)
    Lunch: 12Noon: 4ozs chicken breast on mixed green salad (I have the same every day)
    Walnut Oil: 1 TBSP @ 1:30pm (Not taking MCT because others on the forum have indicated not sleeping well with MCT)
    Dinner: 1 potato (thanks to Otzi), 4-6 ozs lean meat + 3 assorted cooked veggies.

***** The above portions equal about 1200 calories per day for my non workout days. On my crossfit, lifting days, I will increase potatoes and protein to approx 1 lb of each + veggies. I cross fit 2-3 days per week.
    I think you will find eating this way very enjoyable in terms of how it makes you feel and allows you to work out. If you find your weight not doing what you want, I'd ditch some fat before the potatoes, ie. go to 1 coffee w/cream or cut cream in half, but I'll bet you don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I think you will find eating this way very enjoyable in terms of how it makes you feel and allows you to work out. If you find your weight not doing what you want, I'd ditch some fat before the potatoes, ie. go to 1 coffee w/cream or cut cream in half, but I'll bet you don't have to.
    Thanks, Otzi. I consider you my 'wingman' ---- We'll see what happens. I'm fortunate to not be 'driven by food'...so I like a good plan that I can stick to and I don't have to think too much about. And now I'm off for a night of Blues/Jazz and dinner out with friends! Lean chicken and a potato!
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Thanks, Otzi. I consider you my 'wingman' ---- We'll see what happens. I'm fortunate to not be 'driven by food'...so I like a good plan that I can stick to and I don't have to think too much about. And now I'm off for a night of Blues/Jazz and dinner out with friends! Lean chicken and a potato!
    I love it when people are like, 'you are eating a huge potato...I thought you didn't eat potatoes...'

Or, 'I thought you were low carb'

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I love it when people are like, 'you are eating a huge potato...I thought you didn't eat potatoes...'

Or, 'I thought you were low carb'
    ....then i tell them i'm spiderman.......;p
    F, 48, 5'10"

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Well, I went down by 1.6 lbs. today (after a 1 lb. gain) so that is good and appetite seemed very low yesterday. I also had company and usually eat less in that situation anyway. I still have a few pounds to go before I would say this is working. I'm still in the normal range zone.

I think the coconut oil is good for me anyway though. It seems I may have had some lingering candida left even though my symptoms have been long gone. It would explain why I still have some seasonal allergies and food sensitivities. At least this is why I'm hoping I get the die-off type reaction to the coconut oil.