Page 37 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 37

purple579 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I've been doing this for about a week now, no idea if my weight has changed because I'm at school with no scale but I don't feel any larger so I guess that's something. Just wondering-and this sounds a little gross but whatever-but do you think burps would qualify as "taste"? I take my second dose in the afternoon, after I've had lunch, and even though it's been over an hour since tasting anything when I take my coconut oil(I do it with warm water) I seem to get a little burpy, and can taste my lunch. I try to plug my nose and chug water when this happens to wash the taste away, but do you think that would mess things up? Just wondering...

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I don't know what is going on. I ate ~1930 calories today, which is WAY over normal, including my nose plugged coconut oil and cod-liver oil. I didn't think about food today, didn't feel hungry or have any cravings, yet when I add it all up it is so high! If I didn't actually log it in I would have said the last few days that I had experienced a loss of appetite and probably consumed considerably less calories. I'm somehow just packing in more calories in each meal even though I'm not hungry and not snacking or even wanting food. I would have stopped at 1400 calories if I had logged it in as I went through the day but I didn't bother today because I was both too busy and I didn't feel hungry or like I'd been eating much. Funny how before this I was more focused on food but felt about the same satiety at about 1400 calories at the most. I think about the food less, but I guess the appetite is still there in an unconscious way.

I think I remember someplace in the book that mentioned a time frame for when the appetite suppression kicked in. Does anyone else remember that? I'll try and find it again tonight.

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaleoMom View Post
    I don't know what is going on. I ate ~1930 calories today, which is WAY over normal, including my nose plugged coconut oil and cod-liver oil. I didn't think about food today, didn't feel hungry or have any cravings, yet when I add it all up it is so high! If I didn't actually log it in I would have said the last few days that I had experienced a loss of appetite and probably consumed considerably less calories. I'm somehow just packing in more calories in each meal even though I'm not hungry and not snacking or even wanting food. I would have stopped at 1400 calories if I had logged it in as I went through the day but I didn't bother today because I was both too busy and I didn't feel hungry or like I'd been eating much. Funny how before this I was more focused on food but felt about the same satiety at about 1400 calories at the most. I think about the food less, but I guess the appetite is still there in an unconscious way.

I think I remember someplace in the book that mentioned a time frame for when the appetite suppression kicked in. Does anyone else remember that? I'll try and find it again tonight.
    How long have you been taking the oil? I started about 5 days ago, and the first few days felt exactly as you say- eating a lot, even tho I didn't feel I was or needed to! And then yesterday, finally, I felt suppressed huger and "no need" to eat. In fact, had nothing more than my oil for "breakfast" and then a few bites of pork chop mid afternoon. Dinner was a small salad w/ salmon. For me, this is very little food. Also had a tough leg/back workout yesterday. Hoping for the same today. Will let you know

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I'm abandoning the oil. It has been messing with my tummy. TMI, but my poo should not be the consistency of oil. I'm going to try to eat some stupid plain potatoes in place of the oil
    p.s. no weight change, gained half an inch at waist and hips.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    @Rasputina
    When I tried the Potato Hack and was eating nothing but potatoes, I noticed a similar AS to my SLD experience, which I attributed to the relative flavourless of the plain potato. In fact I mentioned it in a post somewhere on one of the potato threads, or maybe on my own journal thread. Can't remember. So it may well work for you in that way too. Good luck with it and report back, please.

Raen is offline Member
    Reporting in: I've lost 3 lbs in 3 days on this rediculous diet. Appetite is way down, energy is way up. I don't know what's going on here, but I haven't felt this good in months.

I've been primal for 2 years now and was at my goal weight of 137ish until I was "bad" this holiday season, and gained 7 lbs. I was trying to get back to 137, but now I think it might actually be possible to break through that plateau. We shall see.

beckie is offline Member
    Daily Check in: another 1.4 lbs lost magically overnight! I think I'm down about 5.3 lbs from when I started last week. Also my scale is showing a reduction in BF% (I know BF scales can be flakey, but I weigh at almost the exact same time everyday so at least it is a consistently flakey measurement). I've only had one evening where I felt like I wanted a snack and I blame that on the hubs and kiddos eating decadent chocolate ice cream in front of me. I satisfied my chocolate urge by mixing a few tbs of coconut oil, unsweetened cocoa powder, and a sprinkle of sweetener.

Today for the first time I feel like my clothes are fitting a bit looser. I really hope this continues because I really need to fit into my nice suit on Tuesday for a job interview. I tried it on last night, and I'm close but just not quite there yet.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    First weigh-in since starting -2.9!! Very exciting~Appetite is still being suppressed wonderfully! Heat seeker Kudos for bringing this to our attention.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am still where I was when I started - morning appetite reduction is noticeable, but afternoons/evenings are just as bad as before. But I also eat a lot more fruit, honey etc than I dared before. I had a bad overeating episode yesterday night after I cam home from a 3 day course out of town. Emotional eating, can't get rid of it still. I am in the womanly woes atm, so I am not going to weigh myself. Not sure when I will, don't really want to, expect bad news.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aimlow View Post
    How long have you been taking the oil? I started about 5 days ago, and the first few days felt exactly as you say- eating a lot, even tho I didn't feel I was or needed to! And then yesterday, finally, I felt suppressed huger and "no need" to eat. In fact, had nothing more than my oil for "breakfast" and then a few bites of pork chop mid afternoon. Dinner was a small salad w/ salmon. For me, this is very little food. Also had a tough leg/back workout yesterday. Hoping for the same today. Will let you know
    Thanks, I will keep going for now. I'm up a pound this morning (morning 3)