Page 35 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 35

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    good afternoon all - well just to report..... I suspected that the MCT oil has been the cause of my insomnia since I started it about 8 days ago..... so.....yesterday I had coconut oil instead and......YES I slept like a babe last night. I am adamnant that the MCT was giving me too much of a buzz. So anyway I just wanted to post that info, in case others are experienceing the same problem
    keep at it
    G x
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 01-16-2013 at 04:21 PM. Reason: wrong time of the day !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    good afternoon all - well just to report..... I suspected that the MCT oil has been the cause of my insomnia since I started it about 8 days ago..... so.....yesterday I had coconut oil instead and......YES I slept like a babe last night. I am adamnant that the MCT was giving me too much of a buzz. So anyway I just wanted to post that info, in case others are experienceing the same problem
    keep at it
    G x
    Haven't you folks been having some rather hot weather down there lately? It could be that the MCT oil raises your temperature enough to make it uncomfortable for sleeping. Perhaps it wouldn't be an issue for those of us in the middle of winter.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Haven't you folks been having some rather hot weather down there lately? It could be that the MCT oil raises your temperature enough to make it uncomfortable for sleeping. Perhaps it wouldn't be an issue for those of us in the middle of winter.
    Thanx PB, yes we have had some fairly hot days, but also some cool ones this last week. I would go to bed and have the leg jiggles (restless leg spasms) for hours, thats after a cold shower, and reading my book etc......
    It might have been something else, and I will possibly try again - another day, just to prove to myself...... but not today !!! LOL
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    So, MCT oil would be good in the early AM -- in lieu of coffee maybe?

I'm going to nose-hold and do cod liver oil (cuz I know it's good for me) and coconut oil.

And, i'm going to see if it naturally decreases my calories. So far today I've had:

Breakfast: 3 eggs in butter; cucumber/bell pepper with olive oil, salt, and pepper (salad style). small apple.
    Dinner: fish and BAS is on the tap for tonight.

Because I get really hungry (and cranky) after yoga class and before dinner, I decided to oil-up before yoga class (5:30). So, I'll stop drinking tea at 4:20, do the oil at 5:20, and then be home by 7 for dinner.

Our new IF window is 12-8 on Mon-Thurs, and then 11-7 on Fri-Sun. Just suits our schedule better.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Was this in Santa Barbara or Goleta? When you told the story I instantly thought of my Jr. High gym teacher and how she would have been a kind enough lady to do something like this. Your avatar looks like Santa Barbara.
    The avatar is Santa Barbara But this was back in my childhood in Oregon!! I have only lived in the SB area for a couple of years.. Totally love it here tho...

so reporting in.. I took my first dose of refined coconut oil this early afternoon and had my normal dinner at around 4:30,, Fully expected to have the munchies around 7-8 but nada, nothing, now it's almost bed time and I don't feel stuffed or anything just not hungry, I guess the word is satisfied and rather calm. Could be a placebo I s'pose so I will keep track diligently and see what happens. I am only going for once a day to start with and I only did 1 T of oil. That way I can adjust as needed.

beckie is offline Member
    Reporting in -- another .4lb drop today so I'm at a total of 3.9lbs lost. I'm very close to my stall point so it will be interesting to see over the next few days if the SLD "trick" will help push me past the stall point.

FireFinder is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beckie View Post
    Reporting in -- another .4lb drop today so I'm at a total of 3.9lbs lost. I'm very close to my stall point so it will be interesting to see over the next few days if the SLD "trick" will help push me past the stall point.
    Almost 4lbs! Thats awesome. Do you feel like you've lost? Ie: clothes loose?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Are any of you also lifting weight? I'm lifting 2x a week. My legs and arms are getting big. My pants are getting tight. I don't think it is fat. I wonder if maybe having a better ability to fast is promoting muscle growth for me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    I haven't dropped yet but I'm at the end of my TOM and Tuesday was my lifting day which usually causes a slight gain for a day or so. I have felt the calm and the lower appetite. I find it odd though that I seem to be eating the same amount of calories at the end of the day even though I feel like I'm not as hungry and I'm eating less. Perhaps just the difference between choosing to eat less because that is what my body feels like vs. forcing it because I'm telling it that is all I'm allowed to eat, yet in the end calories are the same...

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    This has been an interesting thread and I'm going to give it a try. I do have a couple questions, so I encourage any feedback/thoughts.

I'm a 48 year old Female who is pretty close to my goal weight. I put on a few pounds while on vacation in St. Lucia. I am currently at 154lbs, and would like to get back to 145lbs. However, I'm not sure that 'weight' is really relevant now because I'm focused on body recomp.

I recently began Crossfit and I lift heavy 2x per week, and plan on moving to 3x per week. Since starting Crossfit, my appetite on lift days has increased substantially.

Prior to crossfit, I was restricting to 1200 calories daily (70F; 20P; 10C). However, my trainer/coach laughs and says that I need to eat substantially more food if I want to gain muscle. So, I increased my intake, and now I'm back up to 154lbs from 145lbs. I've gained an inch on my waist (from 27" to 28"). I'm afraid of eating too much and losing all the ground I've made, but my knowledge base tells me that I need to eat more to gain muscle/body recomp and I should trust in the process and not worry too much about the scale. Hmmmmm, easier said than done.

I want to try this oil consumption because I'm fascinated by it, but I'm also wondering if I will be undermining my efforts of gaining muscle by curbing my calories.

I'd appreciate thoughts on my dilemma. ps. Our crossfit gym has a 2-hour, primal nutrition seminar on Sunday which I'm looking forward to. Also, my crossfit coach is primal and she is strong as an ox, and as tiny as thumbellina. How does that work????

Thanks, everyone/Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.