Page 34 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 34

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    You can take any calories, in theory, as long as they are taken in a flavourless way. So swimmers nose clips are popular with those using flavourful oils or other non-oil foods. Either flax or cod liver oil would definitely require nose-clipping, and the clips would need to stay on until after some really good mouth rinsing with water or slightly salty water. Or brushing teeth with baking soda to remove oil residue and residual taste.
    That's way too high maintenance. I will be taking my oil at work, #1, and #2 who would do that long term... not sustainable, IMO. That's going a little too far into weird diet zone for me.

Omega 6 and Omega 3 percentages

beckie is offline Member
    So, I appear to be following heatseeker's cycle. I dropped the 1.5lb weight gain that I experienced yesterday. This has been incredibly easy to follow, even while at work. I keep a bottle of extra light olive oil and a jar of coconut oil (unrefined) on my desk. Mid-morning and mid-afternoon, I pinch my nose and take a spoonful of oil then follow it with several big gulps of water. I do notice a slight residual taste from either oil even after the big drink of water, but it doesn't seem to have impeded weight loss yet. When I do my weekly shopping over the weekend I'll probably try to find another oil option since both of these leave a residual taste to me.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I do the same as beckie. There's always a little smell that comes through after I unpinch my nose. I don't know if that's because the coconut oil gets on my hand or what. I try to be realistic about this. It's not like your mind is thinking "Hmm, what a tasty meal of coconut oil that was!" after just a whiff. If I'm wrong about that, I guess I'll find out. I mean, hell, what are you going to do if 10 minutes later you burp and taste it? Suddenly screw the whole thing up? That seems unreasonable to me.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

PaleoMom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Does anyone else get fatigue issues from coconut oil instead of energy? I get exhausted when I take any coconut oil.

How about the extra Omega 6 fat intake from consuming light olive oil?

I am considering trying this just for fun, but don't want to mess myself up at all
    Yes! I totally get tired from it and my daughter gets urgent urination from it. After some research though I suspect this may be a bit of a detox reaction from it. I'm going to try the SLD with it and see if that effect goes away after awhile.

longing2bfit is offline Senior Member
    I rarely make it around here anymore but had to jump on this thread for a minute~ Years and years and YEARS ago, in fact when I was in 8th grade so that's 38 years ago our gym teacher had one of the overweight girls (we had 2) in gym class doing this! And by the time we hit our Christmas break she had lost most of her pudge!! This is a true story. I remember because the girls parents were not informed and the gym teacher almost got fired for 'experimenting' on the said pupil. What saved her was people finding out that the girl had been caught by the teacher barfing up her lunch in an effort to lose weight (bullemic) so to keep her from going down that path and to gain her trust as a confidant etc she helped her by showing her a method she herself used to control hunger which was eating a fat source between meals. Fantastic eh??? I had never heard anything quite like this until I read this thread.

I have to admit to some curiosity about this and since I have a variety of high quality oils I may give it a shot and see if it helps with my evening munchies. Carry on !

Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post
    I rarely make it around here anymore but had to jump on this thread for a minute~ Years and years and YEARS ago, in fact when I was in 8th grade so that's 38 years ago our gym teacher had one of the overweight girls (we had 2) in gym class doing this! And by the time we hit our Christmas break she had lost most of her pudge!! This is a true story. I remember because the girls parents were not informed and the gym teacher almost got fired for 'experimenting' on the said pupil. What saved her was people finding out that the girl had been caught by the teacher barfing up her lunch in an effort to lose weight (bullemic) so to keep her from going down that path and to gain her trust as a confidant etc she helped her by showing her a method she herself used to control hunger which was eating a fat source between meals. Fantastic eh??? I had never heard anything quite like this until I read this thread.

I have to admit to some curiosity about this and since I have a variety of high quality oils I may give it a shot and see if it helps with my evening munchies. Carry on !
    Awesome... maybe all schools need to incorporate this method! That teacher probably saved that child from years of bad binge eating / dieting cycle!

Raen is offline Member
    I read the OP, and thought "well, that's rediculous," but I gained a few pounds over the holidays and have not had much luck removing them, so yesterday I melted some coconut oil in hot water and drank it (just once, mid morning). Today I'm down 1.5 lbs. Hmm.

I'm intrigued. I'll post my progress in a week or so.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    You can take any calories, in theory, as long as they are taken in a flavourless way. So swimmers nose clips are popular with those using flavourful oils or other non-oil foods. Either flax or cod liver oil would definitely require nose-clipping, and the clips would need to stay on until after some really good mouth rinsing with water or slightly salty water. Or brushing teeth with baking soda to remove oil residue and residual taste.
    I may try this. I have known that cod liver oil is good for me for years, but i cannot bring myself to take it. with nose clipping and then rinsing, i could go a long way.

I have butter with breakfast, we usually do flax on the salad in the evening (or olive, we alternate), and i was thinking of alternating between coconut and CLO for the afternoon snack (with nose holding/clipping). My plan is to just do the dosing once a day, since I don't want to break the fast before 11 am at this point.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by longing2bfit View Post

Was this in Santa Barbara or Goleta? When you told the story I instantly thought of my Jr. High gym teacher and how she would have been a kind enough lady to do something like this. Your avatar looks like Santa Barbara.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3