Page 32 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 32

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I think that tomorrow, finishing my morning coffee may be a challenge... since morning coffee starts at 5am and ends at 8:30 am, with no food until 9am... Should I eat before I go to work, say maybe 6am, stop coffee at 8am, then have my oil dose at 9am, during my break? I'm not used to eating breakfast. Should I still skip breakfast?
    I have the same problem. Sometimes it takes me a few hours to get through my coffee, then if I have to wait another 2 hours to eat, it can be a bit much. Depending on my hunger level, sometimes I eat after coffee, then wait until the early afternoon to take my first dose of oil.

beckie is offline Member
    SLD is definitely moving me in the right direction. I'm not quite to the weight where I typically stall (137lb), but very close. At the rate I'm going, I should reach that weight tomorrow or Wed, so that's when the real test will start. Below are my weight stats since starting:

1/9: 142.1 (first dose of oil mid-afternoon)
    1/10: 141.5
    1/11: 141.5
    1/12: 140.5
    1/13: 139.9
    1/14: 138.6

Total weight lost in ~5 days = 3.5 lbs.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    You only need an hour for that first dose of oil. So take it first thing when you get up. Then get ready for work. Then have your first cup of coffee and breakfast if you have it at work. Or whatever your equivalent routine is. I'm assuming that it would still work not being directly between breakfast and lunch like this.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    I started reading this thread last week and then got the book. Very interesting and am planning on starting today. I saw a few threads on MCT/Coconut oil where a few people had asked if this was discussed in the book. He does not talk about either of these two oils, but the one that he does discuss is Refined Walnut Oil for the Omega benefits. My plan is to use the refined Coconut Oil based upon the numerous results I have seen here. No other changes to my paleo meals are planned (except maybe less?) - I look at this as a way to enhance it.

After reading the science behind the Shangri-La Diet, it made me think that the taste/reward benefit part of the science is what the Sensa product seems to be based upon. (not that I would ever touch the stuff, just hearing the infomercials on the radio this morning had me thinking about the two).

I look forward posting my results!
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I did end up having to tweak my oil times today : 1/2 tablespoon when I woke up, coffee an hour later. Ate at 9am. Skipped lunch at 11, had 1 tablespoon oil instead. Almond Milk latte at 4:20. Just took another 1/2 tablespoon oil. Will eat dinner before 7pm when I leave for guitar class . No nausea today.

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    Have any of you considered combining the Shangri-la oil diet with some low-food-reward meals, a la Stephan Guyenet? Really nutritious meals, but as bland as you can make them. No salt, no spice, no sauces. I did it with soup for an experiment. Good results, but impossible to keep up forever.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Yesterday I had MCT oil with no problem. Today I had such terrible stomach pain I couldn't go back to work after lunch. I curled up in a ball for a few hrs until it subsided. Maybe I didn't have enough water with it? I know this can be a side effect, but I can handle a lot of coconut oil and had no problem yesterday so not sure why today?! OUCH!

beckie is offline Member
    Today I experienced a 1.5lb weight gain. I'm glad I was warned to expect it otherwise I'd be scratching my head trying to figure out where I messed up!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Yesterday I had MCT oil with no problem. Today I had such terrible stomach pain I couldn't go back to work after lunch. I curled up in a ball for a few hrs until it subsided. Maybe I didn't have enough water with it? I know this can be a side effect, but I can handle a lot of coconut oil and had no problem yesterday so not sure why today?! OUCH!
    healthy 11, I have also experienced these severe cramps, so I cut back the oil a bit. However I have finally put two and two together about my lack of sleep. My insomnia started when I started the MCT oil, so I am going to change oils. mark did a post a while ago about the added energy in MCT oil, and he found that he was buzzed...... so I think that this has been my problem this last week.
    Anyway tonight will be the big test - if I sleep or not !!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

catholicchick is offline Senior Member
    Primal Gwamma - what oil will you use?
    Height - 5'8"
    SW - 191
    CW - 162
    GW - 155

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.