Page 31 of 175 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 31

healthy11 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Anyone using straight MCT oil?... I have some of that, too. Not sure if it's still good... have had it for awhile. I'm also a bit worried about 2 Tbsp of MCT oil and gastrointestinal distress. Thoughts?
    Last edited by healthy11; 01-13-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quickfeet101 is offline Junior Member
    I've read this entire thread, but not today, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I was taking my oil first thing when I wake up, thinking it would be better on an empty stomach, but reading SLD book, he said most people like to take it one hour after eating. For those of you who have been enjoying success with this method, what time do you take your oil? Seems like an hour after eating I'd still have food in my stomach.

I want to give this every chance of working for me.

Thanks!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    I've been taking it in the morning and not eating breakfast until 10 or 11am. I'll do it again in the afternoon around 2:30 or so.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Happy Paleo Girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    For those of you using unflavored oils like refined coconut oil are you still pinching your nose or not? Still seems like there would be some taste if you didn't.
    I'm not pinching my nose. Both the MCT oil and refined coconut oil have absolutely no flavor to me whatsoever, so I don't see the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputina View Post
    I used to be a champ at eating coconut oil, when it was melted and put on food, it never kept the hunger at bay for long. The bullet-proof coffee worked for a bit. But today, when I ate it by itself, it definitely curbed the hunger. Maybe because it make me queasy?
    I've found that the same is true for me. I've put a tablespoon of coconut oil in my coffee and tea, and have tried to do bulletproof IF using bulletproof coffee, but I always found myself hungry. Taking the oil straight doesn't make me queasy at all, but it is definitely curbing hunger!

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    Anyone using straight MCT oil?... I have some of that, too. Not sure if it's still good... have had it for awhile. I'm also a bit worried about 2 Tbsp of MCT oil and gastrointestinal distress. Thoughts?
    I was using straight MCT oil until yesterday. Works great. I didn't have any gastrointestinal issues. But I can take numerous of tablespoons of coconut oil daily without any issue at all.

I used MCT oil today and will continue with it... no taste and no discomfort. Excited to see how this works! I just need to cut out the red wine at night!

Quote Originally Posted by Quickfeet101 View Post
    I've read this entire thread, but not today, so forgive me if this has already been discussed.

I was taking my oil first thing when I wake up, thinking it would be better on an empty stomach, but reading SLD book, he said most people like to take it one hour after eating. For those of you who have been enjoying success with this method, what time do you take your oil? Seems like an hour after eating I'd still have food in my stomach.

I want to give this every chance of working for me.

Thanks!
    I usually don't take it anywhere near a meal, especially afterwards. Quite the opposite. I aim to take it quite awhile before eating, in order for the oil to help curb my hunger up until my next meal.
    I usually will take my first dose an hour after finishing my morning coffee, and then again in the late afternoon (long after lunch).

Rasputina is offline Senior Member
    I think that tomorrow, finishing my morning coffee may be a challenge... since morning coffee starts at 5am and ends at 8:30 am, with no food until 9am... Should I eat before I go to work, say maybe 6am, stop coffee at 8am, then have my oil dose at 9am, during my break? I'm not used to eating breakfast. Should I still skip breakfast?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I drink coffee with half n half in the morning and don't eat until lunch at 11:30 so will take my first dose of oil at 9:30 or 10.