Page 25 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 25

Urban Forager is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've been taking oil for about 4 days now, last night at dinner I noticed a distinct difference in the amount of food I ate. So far no change in weight. DH is doing it too and I haven't seen a difference in his appetite.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I have 2 questions.

1) Say you take the oil, hold your nose, then just before you can rinse your mouth out with water/brush with baking soda, you accidentally catch one whiff of the coconut oil. Does this quick smell ruin the results?

2) Say you take the oil, rinse, there is no detectable smells of the oil. Then during the flavor-free window, you happen to smell some other types of food (say you were cooking dinner and could smell the onions sauteeing.) Would smelling food you hadn't eaten during that window also ruin the results?

TorMag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I have 2 questions.

1) Say you take the oil, hold your nose, then just before you can rinse your mouth out with water/brush with baking soda, you accidentally catch one whiff of the coconut oil. Does this quick smell ruin the results?

2) Say you take the oil, rinse, there is no detectable smells of the oil. Then during the flavor-free window, you happen to smell some other types of food (say you were cooking dinner and could smell the onions sauteeing.) Would smelling food you hadn't eaten during that window also ruin the results?
    Number 2, great question? Seems to me it blows the whole thing out the window.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Simply wear a clothespin on your nose at all times. Simple.

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    BestBetter, I used to worry about smells like that, and now I don't, because it's basically impossible for me to go two hours without smelling something and yet the oil dose still works as it should. I'd say avoid being around intense cooking smells during the two-hour window, but otherwise, if you catch a whiff of something, don't sweat it.

I finally had the gain I'd been expecting all week; up a pound from yesterday. I can feel it in my muscles. They're super pumped and I'm super sore and tired. Early bedtime tonight.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I am actually wondering if its the higher fat that causes the weight loss???? as in - it fills you up, so you are not as hungry, so the weight falls off ???? just wondering ?????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    that's what i was thinking at the beginning, that's why people always said here 'eat more fat'
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    bloodorchid - you wee thing....are you behaving ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    never
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    2 days in a row now that 2 tbsp of coconut oil did a number on my GI system - doubled over in pain, really awful, well, you know. I'm leaving for vacation tom'w anyway so I'm going to take the day off from oil and give my system a break. I find it odd that I started out ok with 2 tbsp and then it got worse. I'm going to go back to 1 tbsp in the PM and see if I can tolerate that dose and it still helps me eat less. After that I'll try switching oils I guess - wanted to avoid the extra light olive oil since I've heard not so great things about it.