Page 20 of 175 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 20

heatseeker is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Site is cranky today. Double post--nothing to see here.
    Last edited by heatseeker; 01-08-2013 at 09:15 AM.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Okay, so I ate my CO holding my nose, 1 hr after breakfast, but I was still hungry, so I am eating another bit 15 min later. Is it Okay, as long as I stretch the flavorless window for another hour after that, or am I am wrong again? And if I keep being hungry, and just keep eating oil, what do I do?

Or, and is it strictly 2 times a day? what about the after lunch and before supper? Because the evenings is when I am the hungriest, will taking the oil before and after breakfast fix that? Or do I need to have oil before and after lunch to stave off the hungry beast at supper?

I do have a book ready to dl from the library, so hopefully it explains how to do things, but maybe I am as always a square peg.
    Last edited by Leida; 01-08-2013 at 09:52 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    the sugar pushers are on another thread assuming everybody's body wlrks the same as theirs. Much like you are here.

The period of almost no food lasted for months. Literally. No exageration.

no weight lost

Please tell me why reduced calories didn't work if it's that simple
    So you fasted for months, but didn't lose weight? I think I'll believe that when I throw an apple up in the air and it doesn't come back down.

By the way, where did the idea come from that I was pushing sugar on people? Eat less means eat less. And yes, that means sugar too.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Leida be careful how much oil you eat at one time, it could give you diarrhea.

Leida, this isn't a magic pill that completely eradicates hunger. You are hungry because you need to eat. All the oil does is blunt your hunger to the point that you can eat much less, and much less often. But if you are actually feeling hunger, please eat.

As myself and others have mentioned, be careful how much oil you do at once. It can cause bathroom fireworks.

fiercehunter is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Leida be careful how much oil you eat at one time, it could give you diarrhea.
    Yes, very true. I spent yesterday in the bathroom. Today I feel fine though.

Thank you for the heads-up. I know about the oil's laxative effect, used it since childhood (castor oil, lol, not flavorless, that one). My spoon is actual teaspoon in size & I am just tweaking the doze I need, i guess; I attempted a fat fast once eating about a third of a cup of coconut oil with no ill effects. But I never did it with a specific schedule in mind & pinching my nose. And here I was about to write a dieting manifesto about how I reject all dieting. I guess I am incorrigible.

Are you using a teaspoon? Or a tablespoon? The protocol is 1-3 tablespoons. i do 2 TBSP.

aimlow is offline Senior Member
    I've been doing this for three days- and I have a concern. Maybe Heatseeker or Marthat can help? I feel a little less hungry, but nothing so drastic as I am really eating THAT much less. I mean, I don't think any caloric decrease (if any) is enough to encourage weight loss.
    Should I give it more time? How long till you felt a noticeable difference in your hunger and calorie intake?
    Do I need to be counting calories (I hate doing that and I'm bad at it!)
    Is the magic of this in the fact that the oil decreases hunger and you eat less? And THEN, that the flavorless calories allow your weight set point to go down?
    My concern is that I'm taking the oil, still eating normally, and won't see any benefit.
    Thanks for your help!!

Are you using a teaspoon? Or a tablespoon? The protocol is 1-3 tablespoons. i do 2 TBSP.
    A teaspoon, but 1 tbsp is 3 tspns, so I am trying to find the minimal amount I need to take to subdue hunger. Plus, I am wondering if I need to do it more often throughout the day i.e. between all 3 meals (i.e. 4 times a day) so for 2 tbs, I need to take 1/2 tbsp each time - i.e. a rounded teaspoon.