Page 174 of 175 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 174

Key Tones is offline Member
    I'm in. I've been back from vacation for a couple of weeks and let down for a week prior to vacation, so it has been a month-long party! I'm up about six pounds, good grief.

I'm giving up sweeteners starting today, drinking black coffee, and going bland with the food as well to give this a boost. Thanks.
    2005 Low Carb - lost @ 80 pounds slowly, avg 15 pounds per year
    2010 Paleo Diet
    2013 Stephan Guyenet Low Food Reward/Seth Roberts Shangri-La with MCT Oil

Last 40 pounds lost with protein-sparing modified fasts, potato hack, and low food reward/Shangri-La Diet with MCT oil.

Now down 120+ pounds lost

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Hopeless Dreamer, I think this is great tht you're getting started. I can't remember if you've done one before? I did AIP and it was actually great for me. I'm definitely not ready t o get started again. are you keeping a journal? Here? Whole9 site?

Good luck!
    Hi calee,
    I havent done an AIP before, just Whole30. I guess a journal would be helpful. Maybe I'll start one here. So far, day one has been ok. I took a hot yoga class this morning - really good, but very tired now.
    I'm in the phase "Sure I can do this - no problem" but I know that will change. As always, my biggest concern is getting invited out or the family wanting to go out to dinner. I am just not going, there is no way. I'm over to Julia's new Journal thread now.

welcome to our wacky world, Key Tones!

jammies is offline Senior Member
    Wow - quite the thread!!

I'm looking for a bit of advice on using this diet. I was at (or below) my goal weight just from paleo eating for a couple of years. After an "incident' I had to go on antidepressants for about 8 months or so. They worked well, but I gained over 20 lbs in spite of still eating primal. I am off the meds now, but I can NOT lose the weight. I am trying to figure out a way to convince my body to go back to my former weight.

Anyone try SLD to lose medication-induced weight? Or care to speculate if this could work?

Thanks!!!!
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Jammies I would imagine it would/could work well. The appetite supression is what works for me. I notice a huge difference on days I don't do my oil shots. It's very possible the set point aspect will be helpful for you. You might want to go to the SLD site or buy the book to get the whys and hows of SLD.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Calee, I bought the Daisy cottage cheese. It has 360 mg of sodium. The TJ cc has 340 mg of sodium so not a huge diff. The Daisy is very clean.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Thanks OG, I will get that as soon as I eat this TJ's

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Thanks OG, I will get that as soon as I eat this TJ's
    Yep...that is what I did.

Cobweb is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Mind if I jump in? I recently began the SLD and would like the company of others who are having success with it. I haven't so far, but I'm hopeful that I'll find the combination that works for me.