Page 173 of 175 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 173

maigrey is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hi there!

I've been lurking for a while, and even did SLD, but the oil shots started giving me acid reflux, so I haven't done them in a while, but I love listening to y'all's conversation.

I'm in the middle of a Whole60 right now (but for various reasons, I'm thinking of making it a whole30 and really concentrating on reintroducing things).

You can have Kombucha on a Whole30. You can't have 1) Dairy 2) Grains (including corn and peas) 3) Alcohol (of any kind, including cooking with it or extracts) 4) Sugar (of any kind, real or fake) 5) Legumes (beans, peanuts, lentils) and 6) "Bad" Fats - most seed fats, basically anything except olive, avo, macadamia and coconut oil + ghee/clarified dairy and other animal fats (lard, etc)

Whew! I have lost almost 9 pounds in 23 days, although half of that is water weight, I'm sure...

That being said - has anyone else experienced gastric reflux while taking shots?

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Yes maigrey I had reflux when I first started, lower your dose until you are comfortable, then increase it slowly see how that works.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Calee sounds like we're doing the same 30 day challenge (I think we need a name other than W30). I'll be doing cottage cheese and gelatin and oil. Cutting down on fruit for now. I may try a proper Peat down the road. I felt horrible yesterday. I didn't notice it because I wasn't hungry, but way underate. I was playing Peat, but not doing it right.

After 6 proper W30s and one being a W100, I can do them in my sleep, but I am enjoying flexibility right now.

Still really enjoying my oil shot/gelatin coffee. Creamy and nice. Need to stock up on CC, smoked clams and oysters today.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Maigrey, I only have trouble with coconut oil or MTC oil, but I think I started my doses at a tsp at first with extra light olive oil and worked up.

Ah, that is probably the problem! I was trying a tablespoon full (or two) at a time.

Also, I don't think SLD is against the rules of a whole30, as long it is ELOO or coconut oil. They strongly suggest you eat 3 meals a day and nothing else, but it's not one of the hard and fast rules, so you could do W30 and pop your shot in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by maigrey View Post
    Ah, that is probably the problem! I was trying a tablespoon full (or two) at a time.

Also, I don't think SLD is against the rules of a whole30, as long it is ELOO or coconut oil. They strongly suggest you eat 3 meals a day and nothing else, but it's not one of the hard and fast rules, so you could do W30 and pop your shot in as well.
    Lol on "pop the shot". Using that term. For me, it's a huge appetite suppresant and I eat twice a day or very little, so yeah..it's not really W30. That and the cottage cheese and I would certainly not qualify for a W30 that Dallas and Melissa would be proud of. Which actually is why after 2 years of posting on their forums, I no longer do. I still use many of the principles though.

I think if you do a tsp 2-3 times a day for maybe 5-7 days and slowly increase, you'll have way fewer tummy troubles.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Okay peeps, I set up a new thread in Journals for us when we wanna blabber on about
    whatever we wanna blabber on about:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1322670

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    I am going to start a Whole30/AI version tomorrow or Wednesday. I know a few others wanted to do Whole30 after birthdays, etc. So feel free to jump in, since I think I need to start cleaning up my act sooner. But I will be looking for you to start and support each other! I have done oil shots again for 2 days, and the AS kinda kicked in real fast - I could hardly eat dinner! Yay, after pigging out for a month, this is good. I love the journal Julia set up, I just caught up by reading the whole thing.
    Thanks, Julia.
    More tomorrow...

calee is offline Senior Member
    Hopeless Dreamer, I think this is great tht you're getting started. I can't remember if you've done one before? I did AIP and it was actually great for me. I'm definitely not ready t o get started again. are you keeping a journal? Here? Whole9 site?

Good luck!