Page 171 of 175 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 171

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Calee, do you think it's the cream? I have to say that I have been eating cheese in the last couple of days. Gouda for the vitamin K. I have itchy bumps, watery eyes and runny nose. I think I need to real myself in. I think I will join you guys in a W30 just to reset things and then do a proper reintro of dairy.

Until then, I am going to lay off the cheese with the exception of cottage cheese. 1/2 cup has 13 grams of protein. I would like it if that could be a source of protein. I love the stuff. I'll stop for a W30 though.

I will keep up the MTC oil and gelatin with my coffee. I like only eating twice a day with bone broth in between. Although, I don't want to cheat my W30 if you guys are going to be straight shooters. I can always do egg drop soup with veggies and gelatin added for my first meal. So good on these chilly mornings.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    I have had yogurt and cottage cheese in the past with no issue, but about 2 months ago, I tried to supplement with protein powder for a meal or two, I found the shake is not as filling as if I added the powder to yogurt, but no idea why this time it made me feel awful, after a week or so I felt the fog and had that zombie feeling, I thought it was the yogurt and not tolerating dairy somehow (even though in the past I have tolerated it) but now I am thinking could be the protein powder? I used Egg and Casein protein powder, so thinking the extra casein caused me issues.. not sure.

Hotmail, I hate trying to figure it out. I am hoping cottage cheese will work out, but what I like about W30 is that you do without for 30 days and slowly reintro things. Really, the only thing I care about reintro is dairy and I think I will just try cottage cheese after the 30 days. In fact, I think today I will stock up on Trader Joes light coconut milk for my coffee.

Oh didn't mean that dairy should be bad for you, I was just surprised it had that effect on me 2 months ago, but again am not even sure it was the dairy, it could have been protein powder, or something in it like the sweeteners....
    I am off dairy now as well for at least a month, I would like to introduce it in the future.

Funny how everyone thinks probiotic is the bees knees, for me it flares up my eczema, and prefer not to have probiotics/fermented foods !! but I dare not say this in the public forum as everyone will think am crazy or something!!

No, I do think it's dairy, but I won't know for sure until I get rid of it.

I don't seem to have a problem with fermented foods. I have a lovely batch of Kombucha that I am going to bottle and flavor today. I was just gearing up to make kimchi and saurkraut.

Blaming dairy until proven otherwise.

calee is offline Senior Member
    I tolerate dairy just fine so today was strange.

I am allergic to beef, but I eat it. Today was first time trying an entire packet of Knox, maybe too much at once.

Has anyone tried Great Lakes Porcine? Might be better for me.

Hots, I have an egg allergy. I learned after W30 when I aye no eggs for 60 days, then reintroduced yolks. I can tolerate yolks. I had 1 bite of white because I forgot and I smelled like a sulfur factory all day. When I eat whole eggs, I get a small patch of exzema by my nose. Maybe it was the eggs in the protein powder. I have to do the high quality whey if I do it. But I'm always starving an hour later. I have several unopened tubs of powder. I wonder if adding gelatin to a scoop would keep me full. I'd love to use the dang stuff that I paid $$$$ for.

I want to do W30 for a reset before the hidsys. I like dairy and will most likely go back to it after 30. I am going to a resort in Florida and those business lunch and dinners. Steaks and Caesar salads! But I am more than ready to W30.

OG, I need to personally stick ax close to plan as I can because I am the Princess of excuses and rationalizations. We don't need to call it W30, just reset journal or somesuch. Jooles will keep me on the straight, even if you skip breakfast. I definitely am keeping gelatin. Oil - not so sure except in cooking and salad dressings etc

calee is offline Senior Member
    I have a lot of Kombucha in the fridge so keeping fermented until its gone. I bought too much to waste.

Calee, now I wonder if I am becoming sensitive to eggs. Something is sure making me itch. I think for W30, I will keep them. If my itchy bumps don't clear up, I will dump them for 30 days. I'd much rather stay away from dairy than eggs. I just had egg drop soup for breaky. It was delightful.

W30 is due to start on Oct 14th if I remember right? Or am I wrong about that. I may start sooner and go longer. At least with the dairy part. I just have a couple oz of gouda and 4 oz of cottage cheese left. Going to switch to light CM today. Even my eyebrows itch. This happened years ago. I went to the derm and he just tried a bunch of potions and lotions. They didn't work so I stopped using them and it gradually disappeared.

Let me know when you guys want to start. My MTC will just be part of my thumbfull of fat.

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    I tolerate dairy just fine so today was strange.

I am allergic to beef, but I eat it. Today was first time trying an entire packet of Knox, maybe too much at once.

Has anyone tried Great Lakes Porcine? Might be better for me.

Hots, I have an egg allergy. I learned after W30 when I aye no eggs for 60 days, then reintroduced yolks. I can tolerate yolks. I had 1 bite of white because I forgot and I smelled like a sulfur factory all day. When I eat whole eggs, I get a small patch of exzema by my nose. Maybe it was the eggs in the protein powder. I have to do the high quality whey if I do it. But I'm always starving an hour later. I have several unopened tubs of powder. I wonder if adding gelatin to a scoop would keep me full. I'd love to use the dang stuff that I paid $$$$ for.

I want to do W30 for a reset before the hidsys. I like dairy and will most likely go back to it after 30. I am going to a resort in Florida and those business lunch and dinners. Steaks and Caesar salads! But I am more than ready to W30.

OG, I need to personally stick ax close to plan as I can because I am the Princess of excuses and rationalizations. We don't need to call it W30, just reset journal or somesuch. Jooles will keep me on the straight, even if you skip breakfast. I definitely am keeping gelatin. Oil - not so sure except in cooking and salad dressings etc
    You could be right re the eggs Calee, all I know is when I went pure ZC (meat and water only) a few years back I was completely clear for 2 years and even forgot I have every had eczema..

I did try to switch to rice protein powder (I made a search and found out it was the least allergenic protein powder) but I really didn't give it enough time to work, I just had enough of the ditzy state the previous protein poweders put me in.

btw from the other forum: Regarding whey protein, Peat says, “Powdered foods that contain tryptophan are extremely susceptible to harmful oxidation, and the best things are removed, for example calcium, lactose, and casein, with its anti-stress properties.”

Re the beef allergy, not good to hear it, but on other forums some poeple also reported their body react to beef like as if its pure sugar, it does cause an insulin spike, they don't have this reaction when eating other meat e.g. lamb or chicken fish or game... I know lamb is supposed to be the least allergenic meat, so I try to eat a it a couple of times a week.

With no dairy, I am assuming you wont have any butter as well, right?

I would miss the eggs as well, love making japanese eggrolls Easy Tamagoyaki | Bento Recipe | Just One Cookbook

Am hoping one day to try this diet: Egg Wine Diet (just kidding, but I can live on them japanese effrolls, I can make them savory or a bit sweet with a drop of stevia !!)