Page 169 of 175 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 169

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Oh if you start a W30 challenge let me know, at the moment I am eating mainly meat, and drinking the oil, so may as well.
    The biggest challenge is nothing sweet (i.e. no soda), no coffee for me, but am allowing green tea.

calee is offline Senior Member
    Hots, I can't eat moldy steak either. You'll definitely know if we start a 30, but you'd need to be willing to eat all those veggies as they are a requirement.

Jooles, did you try the gelatin?

OG, how come you didn't turn us on to he gelatin sooner? Keeping secrets?

I tried the gelatin on and off before, not sure if the packets are as good as the real broth, used to make panna cotta with it when I was eating cream.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I promptly forgot about the gelatin this morning.

And I even got THREE boxes of it.

Ah well, I think I'll just stir half a packet into some water later
    and glorp it down. Not a problem.

I'll have to see what His Dudeness says about the gelatin, cuz I
    haven't read anything yet about it.

I know it's good for you and why, but I want to read his particulars.

I've made bone broth many times, and that's probably better, but I forget
    to freeze most of it, or I don't FEEL like drinking HOT STUFF when it's hot
    out, so I've wasted most of my efforts by pouring it down the drain.

No worries. Gelatin will work until it finally gets COLD here. If it ever does...

Julia

Wish it stays hot here ...sigh!

I haven’t had coffee for a while now, drinking oil made me suddenly feel that I don’t really need it, no withdrawals at all.
    However, about an hour ago, I felt so weak, typical when one is doing vlc, not hungry or craving, just felt soooo very weak, so I had a very weak coffee, and felt alive again… had the coffee black, this is the first time ever I manage to have a black coffee!!

I learned to have black decaf on Whole30. I was surprised I didn't hurl. I can't tolerate sweet in coffee. Tea it's ok but so not necessary.

I made bone broth Sunday. Forgot to bring to work.

I just took a teaspoon of MCT to help digestion. I already feel nauseated. Yuck!

Other than that, fine and dandy!

Half T of gelatin, 1teaspoon MCT = no appetite for breakfast and a queasy stomach. It's the MCT

Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Half T of gelatin, 1teaspoon MCT = no appetite for breakfast and a queasy stomach. It's the MCT
    In the coffee you mean? sounds like bullet proof coffee with the gelatin extra.
    Never tried the bullet proof coffee..

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Hotmail, I have done the air age beef. Cook's Magazine told me to so I did it. It was amazing. I forget how long I aged it. I want to say just 3-4 days. It was years ago. Now when I want to treat myself, I buy an aged steak from Whole Paycheck. They age them in this cool case that has no humidity so no mold I guess. Very expensive so I maybe buy one once or twice a year.

Calee you explained W30 very well. I may do a gelatin, oil shot, w30 peat combo. I am going to write a game plan on paper and see how it looks. Yes..sounds psychotic to me too.

As far as the gelatin..half a packet gives you 3 grams of fiber. I think one packet is equal to one TBS of Great Lakes. I love the blue can of Great Lakes because it mixes right into hot or cold liquids and doesn't gel. I do a tbs in my iced coffee in the morning and a tbs in bone broth before or after dinner. I ordered the red can because J3nn came up with a recipe for a savory gelatin mold with nutritional yeast. I love NY..it's my new parm.

My favorite Peat thing is less meat and fat (not shots but in cooking etc). I may even buy some cottage cheese from TJs. I will end up eating meat once a day and eggs or CC or smoked clams for the other meals or meal. I like the cost savings and I feel lighter. Gouda cheese is another Peat thing because of vitamin K (I think) but I end up eating too much cheese during the day. It calls to me and I answer.

Decisions decisions.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by oceangrl; 09-24-2013 at 10:23 AM.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Calee, I like the idea of gelatin and mtc. Going to try it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2