Page 168 of 175 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 168

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lee, where did you get yours?

Safeway? Lucky? Whole foods?

I'll probably get the one from Amazon later, but I want to try one NOW and not wait
    for it to be shipped.

Cuz I'm impatient like that....

calee is online now Senior Member
    Smart, maybe I should order both as well.

I have a watermelon sitting on my kitchen floor. Will break into it tonight. I was a raw vegan for three years. Raw fruit and veggies, an ounce or two raw nuts and I was a happy camper. I did start craving steak so switched to ZC. Balance? Where the heck do I buy me some. I'm pathetically all or nothing.

Jooles I got mine at Berkeley bowl. Safeway has it

Okay, cool - that'll be my walking destination for the day.

Gotta get in my 20K steps!

THANKS!!!!!

Okay, got some of the Knox from Lucky's....

How much do you put in your coffee? Entire packet? Half a packet? Do ya gots
    to mix it with cold water first, then add it?

Process, I NEED THE PROCESS!

And I'm not bossy.

~Myrtle

I use 1/2 packet in 6-8 ounces of coffee. Yesterday I dissolved is a little cold water, then stirred it into the hot coffee. Didn't stir while drinking and at the end there was some of coffee jello in the bottom. Yuck in the dregs. Today I just stirred into hot coffee and stirred a few times while drinking. No jello bottom at all. Couldn't even taste it.

I like it well enough to do an amazon order.

Hotmail, the Whole30 book is It Starts With Food. There is a website and forum. OG has posted journals there. I recently posted a 75 day journal.

Basics. Strict plan for 30 days.
    As much grass fed and organic as you can
    No alcohol, dairy, grains, sugar, sugar substitute
    Freshly prepared meals. 3x a day
    Protein in the center of your plate, then fill with veggies and a little fruit if desired.
    Move your body, or at least I did daily.

OG is our pro and Abs just finished the book. They can fill in what I missed and newer questions too.

I loved the structure doing it but have to admit I'm balking a bit at starting again. Probably don't want to give up dark chocolate and good cheese! Oh, and the occasional glass of red wine I've been enjoying once a week or so. *sigh*. It's probably exactly what I need to do.

Are persimmons a vegetable?

Persimmons are definitely a vegetable if you compare them to Stupid Shit like
    Hostess Donettes. Mmmmmm, but sheer shit.

Thanks for the white paper on the gelatin, I'll try it tomorrow and I will
    remember to stir!

Joolia Goolia

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Smart, maybe I should order both as well.

I have a watermelon sitting on my kitchen floor. Will break into it tonight. I was a raw vegan for three years. Raw fruit and veggies, an ounce or two raw nuts and I was a happy camper. I did start craving steak so switched to ZC. Balance? Where the heck do I buy me some. I'm pathetically all or nothing.
    You are my twin, this is what I do, I swing between ZC and almost raw vegan... when I try to balance I end up fat !!

Hotmail is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Hotmail, the Whole30 book is It Starts With Food. There is a website and forum. OG has posted journals there. I recently posted a 75 day journal.

Basics. Strict plan for 30 days.
    As much grass fed and organic as you can
    No alcohol, dairy, grains, sugar, sugar substitute
    Freshly prepared meals. 3x a day
    Protein in the center of your plate, then fill with veggies and a little fruit if desired.
    Move your body, or at least I did daily.

OG is our pro and Abs just finished the book. They can fill in what I missed and newer questions too.

I loved the structure doing it but have to admit I'm balking a bit at starting again. Probably don't want to give up dark chocolate and good cheese! Oh, and the occasional glass of red wine I've been enjoying once a week or so. *sigh*. It's probably exactly what I need to do.

Are persimmons a vegetable?
    Thanks Calee, been off dairy for years, very rarely I have dairy even cream, so that's not an issue, my issues used to be nuts, but I haven't had nuts for about 2 months now.... a huge jar of almonds is sitting in my kitchen looking at me every day and calling my name but am not going to answer its call yet was hoping my son will finish them, but he seems off them recently, he usually eats them..

Lamb and beef here in the UK is mostly grass fed, but I also try to add organic, when I was doing ZC before I ate 95% organic meat, but now with the inflation the prices of organic are so high, even from last year, used to buy the 28 day mature steak cheaper than the regular smaller steak now... prices are really increasing, and if one has to do ZC its going to be very expensive unless one relies a lot on eggs... heck even tinned tuna quadrupled their prices !!

Oh there was a stage when everyone sort of aired their steaks in the fridge, I tried to do it, it was good after 2-3 days, but when I left it to about 7 days it got a bit mouldy I know one can still wash it off and eat it, but I couldn't do it...