Page 162 of 175 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 162

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    after a weekend of caffeinated coffee detox, I woke Monday morning feeling like myself again. Resisted all grains and ate good quality food. Sleep is improving as my body moves back to the continent. Slept until 4 this morning. Went back to Pilates Reformer yesterday. Felt like day one all over again. Will go again today.

Took my first coconut oil shop yesterday morning. Still had a hungry day but I know it takes awhile. Forgot evening shot. Need to establish a routine. More I need to ingrain a belief into my head that shots will be effective. Without the belief, it's just added calories for me. I think the mind/body connection is powerful.

Vacation weight gain is gone, plus a bit. Still 2 pounds to get to my post Whole experience weight. I want that, or below as my current set point.

How you all?

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Hi Kids!

Lee, sounds like everything has fallen into place, poundage wise, so that's good!

Yeah, I hear you on trying to really focus and BELIEVE that the shots are working... otherwise,
    if I'm not overexercising, doing low carb, or starving to death, then SOMETHING has to be
    the reason for whatever happens.

I've still been doing my shots and haven't had a junk fest since the last one a few weeks ago.

Plan to do it up RIGHT though, before the Whole30.

Did you guys read the book? It Starts With Food?

I've been putting it off for a year because everyone was going on and on about how greeeeeat
    it was and blah, blah, blah. Too much fanfare turns me off, so I didn't want to read it.

But I'm childish and irreverent like that, so, anyway, I read it and LOVED IT. 8 holds on it
    at the lie-barry. That part sucked. But I read it with gusto, and when we're more flush, I'm
    BUYING IT and tossing out EVERY SINGLE OTHER NUTRITION BOOK I OWN. Which, is like, um
    LOTS.

So there.

Anyway, so with regard to the Whole30, I'm doing it totally strict as they write it.. with the exception
    of grass fed everything, cuz that's not going to fly around here. But the rest of it, hells to the yes.

Even the whole thing about eating within an hour of waking.... or was it a half hour.

They said that you CAN NOT have coffee first. If you drink coffee first thing, too bad so sad. Eat instead
    and then have your coffee later.

That's gonna be rough, along with no cream or milk, but I do like the coconut milk, so we'll see if I don't
    die within 30 days.

Also no measuring food., that'll be hard. I weigh everything. Even the cream and milk in my coffee, but, I've
    been practicing this week not weighing any food and not LOGGING ANY FOOD into my fitbit database either.

VERY HARD! I've been doing it for 20yrs, so, wow, may implode.

No weighing your person either, but that'll be easy.

I'll weigh the day before and take some measurements and then see what happens by Nov. 15th.

Okay, welp, gotta take Thing One to the dentist now for a checkup.

Don't be jealous.

Julia

p.s. did you guys see that we have mods now? wow, ten years later - what a concept!! everything
    is going to be VERY NICE around here, FINALLY. no more shitstorms of stupidness!

Welcome back to Shangri Lala Joolia. Yes, I read the book. My library didn't have it so I ordered it. I was probably a week in before I started reading. I missed that about food first then coffee. I know you will micromanage for me. YAY! I learned to drink black coffee. Could not stomach coconut anything in coffee. I'd rather espresso than add stuff. I will do it on decaf or nothing. After Europe detox don't really want caffiene detox again though I will most likely end up with some coffee while at Marco Island work shindig. Are we starting October 14th? That's a Monday post both our birthdays. I'm ready. I feel so much better on Whole than off, but I'd better kick my 2 squares of dark chocolate habit that I picked up in Europe.

I made Paleo Chocolate Chili. I fear it may be the cause of my being 6 months pregnant with a basketball. I'd like to cry. That was my food supply for the next two weeks.

Yeah, I hear ya on all grass fed. I do the best I can. Do you get Mary's Chicken in your area? Costco GF ground beef used to taste like crap. I wonder if they got a new supplier.

Any good meat recommendations out there? Anything at Costco or Trader J's?

Back to work, playtime is over.

Who's the mods??

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Hi everbody. I'm here but have been a little bi-polar as far as nutrition goes. I thought long and hard and read a lot on Peat threads. I know..shocker. A lot I won't do. In fact, my two good takeaways were eating more fruit and drinking green can gelatin in my coffee and bone broth. I have been able to cut down on meat consumption and took a little break on veggies and ate lots of local watermelon. I have felt so light and good. Fruit season is super close to over here.

So basically, still doing 3 oil shots a day. Probably half a TBS each dose. I probably will stick with seasonal and as local with my fruits (in season) and veggies. Eggs once a day and a delightful hunk of meat and veggies for dinner.

This long story is me saying I probably won't W30, but I will so be cheering you guys on. I probably eat 90-95% W30 as it is. The fruit thing was probably within the guidelines. So the oil shots and gelatin so less meat isn't. I've done 6 successful W30s and my last was a W100 so it's second nature to me. I hope you guys stay here because I'll be lonely without you guys.

Yes..I have had the book ISWF both in hard copy (so I can lend it out) and on my Kindle so I can win arguments for a couple of years. ;0)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Oh I am a REALLY GOOD micro manager! BRING IT ON. You don't skeer me.

But if you mess up, then you'll have to start ALL OVER. Hi.

Yes, Monday the 14th of October. IN!

I'm wondering if the Whole30 will make ME feel any different.

I mean, I don't feel "great" when I eat candy and cookies for 4 days straight, but I don't
    feel like shit either, so, whatever. I *do* have a stomach of steel though. I do know that
    wheat makes me stuffed up and wheezy. But not enough to whine about or anything.

Should be an interesting experiment. Glad I'm off the booze. That woulda been rough trying
    to stop that too.

I don't have any good meat recommendations. I just eat the regular stuff. The Cheap Ass Regular Stuff.

If our refinance goes through (should know this week) I may TRY some grass fed stuff. Maybe. Tried some
    organic chicken once from Whole Foods about 10 years ago and hated it. It was weird, but I guess I'm just too
    used to the crap, so, whatever.

Oh no! Sorry about the chili! Maybe if you just keep eating it, and wear sweats, you'll be able to get
    through the bloat.

No clue who the moderators are, but I see their locked thread things at the top of each forum page, and they
    have backhanded some usual offenders by closing their threads when they start fighting over the Same Stupid
    Shit. Carbs, Sugar, Low Carb and High Carb. FFS, give it a rest. Can't everyone just eat the way they want and
    leave everyone else alone? Sigh.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    Who's the mods??
    Calee, it says Admin as their username. A few threads got very horrid. Name calling and ageism and more. Admin posted in every forum to quit it.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

OG, I think that the thing with food is that we have to find our own path. It sounds like you're doing what works for you. No downside to that! I too have been eating more fruit right now and love it. Joolia manager and I will be just fine on our own. She'll love bossing me around.

Can you tell me more about Ray Peat?

I feel outrageously crappy. Funny because I felt great on my trip. The days I've had 1 shot of oil I've felt dreadful. Bloated, distended tummy. Lots of gas etc. I think today, 1/2 shot this morning and clean food and see how I feel. Maybe it's the oil, not the chili that made me feel bad. I also had a bit of wheat each day so have to cut that. Oy, what a mess my tummy is in. I think that what I've heard from European friends is true, our wheat is different and causes lots of problems. I never got bloated in Europe.

Happy Thursday. I'm looking forward to a good Primal day with a Pilates Reformer class at 4PM.

lorichka6 is online now Senior Member
    Holy moly, Ray Peat is catching on over here too Crazy!

I've been doing it and have been toying with adding back in shots too... but like Calee said the belief that the shots are "useful" and not "excess calories that cause stress" is really important... and I'm not sure I'm there. So for now I look at my bottle of CO and think, "eh, maybe tomorrow". RP is a big fan of coconut oil though. So that part will be easy for you guys!

My own, unsolicited view of RP, holy moly I love it. All the foods I've restricted for as long as I can remember - fruit, cheese, dairy, SUGAR!!! are all ok now. Better than ok! And coffee is good too! Yipee! Some of the satisfaction of eating this way may be seasonal - who says "no" to fruit in the summer?! I put on a few lbs at the start - likely glycogen + water due to not being chronically low carb. But surprisingly enough... despite eating 2200-2500 cals most day I *finally* seem to have leveled out about 2 lbs higher than low carb (which seems reasonable just for glycogen repletion). It has helped immensely with my bingeing too. I have to look back to see the last time I binged... I may be going on a month. That is CRAZY for me.

Have fun catching up on all the new reading to do - you will need a few rainy days

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yeah, is there anyway that gives the cliff's notes of ray peat's philosophy?