Page 161 of 175 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1743

Thread: Shangri-La Diet - setpoint success at last page 161

calee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm back! Up two pounds after a million carbs, miles of walking, 20 hours travel to get home and 5 hour of sleep from 10:30-3:30 AM. Feet look pudgy, face looks exhausted, fridge is empty and I'm staring down a full day in the office. Body time is 9 hours ahead. I'm resorting to real coffee this morning followed by a walk to work in the cool air. That should wake me. I think I will wait a day or two to start shots. Allow my body to let go of these retained fluids.

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I'm back too. I was met with my daughter's boyfriend picking us up and proposing to her right outside of security. Pretty cool. She is now wearing his Grandmothers ring who was married for 65 years before Grandpa passed. Good karma. I will get my wits together and read what I missed.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Welcome home OG. how was your trip? How are you doing?

What exceptional news about your daughter! 65 years is great karma! My parents made it 65 years as well. I hope your daughter is walking on cloud nine. When do you get to start planning the wedding?
    Last edited by calee; 09-14-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Trip was great fun Calee. It was so great to spend time where I went to school. Rode horses in the same arena as I did 40 years ago. Jumped over the same cross country jumps and galloped over the same moors. I love how England stays the same.

How was your trip to the city of 1000 spires?

Jess is very unconventional when it comes to the idea of a wedding, so we'll see what her ideas are.

My trip was fantastic. Some parts were emotionally difficult as my mom is from Poland and escaped on the last boat to leave in 1939. Zach and I always have an incredible time together. He knows me better than anyone else does so there is no facade etc. very easy to be together. The jet lag is killing me. It was easy going to Berlin but the 20 hours of traveling time coming home was tough. I was at work from 6-3 on Thursday and Friday.

I drank several espresso each day while away. Following pretty clean eating prior to trip, then indulging in non Paleo eating while away has really shown me how I react to less than optimal eating. I also didn't sleep near enough while away. Too many things to see and do along with th 9 hour time difference. You get that part!

So today I'm detoxing from caffeine and flour as well as sugar. I made a double batch or Paleo Chocolate Chili this morning. WF had GF beef on sale yesterday. Trying to keep it really simple.

Calee, I am the worst person at jet lag in the entire world. When I was working, I had to travel to Texas to our corporate office quarterly. 2 hour time difference and I was a mess.

I was pretty primal if not W30 on my trip with a few exceptions. Fish and chips in London were a must and I had them twice a day. Also, burger with a bun at the Damn Yankee..had to. Oh, also Yorkshire pudding with prime rib a few times. Another must.

Did I see you are doing a W30 in Oct? I may join you. I like a good reset before the holidays. Will you do a SLD version?

Yes, I would do a SLD version if you want to! I am away the first week of October. Joolia wants to start on the 14th. That would take us right up to Thanksgiving.

I am with you.

Ariana30 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by calee View Post
    My trip was fantastic. Some parts were emotionally difficult as my mom is from Poland and escaped on the last boat to leave in 1939. Zach and I always have an incredible time together. He knows me better than anyone else does so there is no facade etc. very easy to be together. The jet lag is killing me. It was easy going to Berlin but the 20 hours of traveling time coming home was tough. I was at work from 6-3 on Thursday and Friday.

I drank several espresso each day while away. Following pretty clean eating prior to trip, then indulging in non Paleo eating while away has really shown me how I react to less than optimal eating. I also didn't sleep near enough while away. Too many things to see and do along with th 9 hour time difference. You get that part!

So today I'm detoxing from caffeine and flour as well as sugar. I made a double batch or Paleo Chocolate Chili this morning. WF had GF beef on sale yesterday. Trying to keep it really simple.
    Hi there Calee, your family history sounds amazing, and you're mother a courageous and strong lady. I started researching my own roots and have so many names and stories to research. I found out my grandmother was a nurse in WW2 and I have civil war vets in my line. I've been to busy to go into depth but I'm always inspired by great things people do to change the trajectory for their family. Anyway, I find coffee when taken without sugar curbs the appetite for sweets and grains. I hope you reach you're goals in your own way; have you tried green tea?? Great tea is fantastic but if its caffeine your worried about other than carob root can't imagine what you'll do. Good luck whatever you decide!!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi Ariana,

Digging into my roots has been important to me. My son is currently writing a screenplay about WWII that has taught him a lot about th war. This trip was important to do together.

I've been drinking decaf coffee since January 1st. I was drinking some with caffeine until I did my Whole 30. The detox is always difficult for me. I wish I were a fan of green tea but not do much. I can enjoy a good organic jasmine tea but in the morning, i love the taste of decaf coffee.